Goanese prawn balchao. Prawn balchão is a fiery dish from Goa in coastal western India and is much like a pickle. Do as the Goans do and serve it with hot plain boiled rice. Wash the prawns well and drain out the water completely.
Divide prawn balchão between serving bowls, scatter with fried curry leaves and serve with naan. Prawns Balchao is a fiery dish that finds its origins in Goa. Prawns are stir-fried first and then added to a pickled curry sauce to create a dish that makes your taste buds tingle and leaves you asking for more. You can have Goanese prawn balchao using 12 simple ingredients and 11 simple steps. This is guide how cook that.
Ingredients of Goanese prawn balchao
- You need 500 gm of Prawn(medium)-.
- You need 1 tbsp of Vinegar-.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Ginger(grated).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Garlic(grated)-.
- You need 7-8 of Kashmiri red chillies(non-spicy).
- Prepare 10 of Curry leaves.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Mustard seeds.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Cumin seed-.
- It’s 3 cups of Onion(chopped).
- Prepare 4 cups of Tomatoes(chopped).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Oil.
- It’s to taste of salt.
How to make Prawn Balchao-A popular Goan dish. Put the prawns in a large bowl and sprinkle salt on them. Roast the chillies, cumin Add the prawns and stir fry till opaque. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
Goanese prawn balchao instructions
- Wash prawns.Add salt and marinate for15 minutes..
- Make paste of half of ginger and garlic,cumin seeds,mustard seeds,Kashmiri red chillis and vinegar together..
- Add garam masala to the paste.
- Now take a pan and add1tbsp oil and let it be hot and then fry prawns lightly and keep aside..
- Then take another pan and add rest of oil and add curry leaves.
- Then add ginger, garlic and when garlic will be brown then add onion and cook till golden enough..
- Then add tomatoes,salt and sugar and let tomatoes be soft.
- Then add masala paste and mix well..
- Then add fried prawns..
- Mix and cook for10 to15 minutes..
In the same pan, fry the. Lets enjoy a delicious Prawns Balchao & many other Pakistani Sea Food Prawns Balchao Recipe in English is an easy and traditional cooking recipe to prepare at home. If your a fan of both, seafood and spice, then the Prawn Balchao which consists of a fiery, pickle-like tomato and chilli sauce will set your mouth on fire in all the right ways. Prawn Balchao Recipe, Sadari Sabji, How To Make Prawn Balchao Recipe. This fiery dish from Goa (in coastal western India) is almost like a pickle!