Prawn malai curry. Here is Most Famous Bengali Prawn Recipe Chingri Macher Malai Curry. Trust me this Chingri Macher Malaikari recipe will put a big smile on your face. Chingri malai curry (Bengali: চিংড়ি মালাই কারি) also known as prawn malai curry, is a Bengali curry made from prawns and coconut milk and flavoured with spices.
Prawn Malai Curry Recipe. by TNN. If you love seafood then this delightful recipe is for you. Prawns Malai Curry is a delicious combination of creamy gravy and. This Appetizing Prawn malai curry using 10 easy ingredients and 11 easy steps. Here is how you achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Prawn malai curry
- It’s 500 gram of prawns.
- You need 1 cup of desiccated coconut.
- You need 1 cup of onion,ginger and garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of red chilli Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin seed.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 of red chilli whole.
- Prepare 1 handful of whole garam masalas.
- You need To taste of salt and sugar.
- You need As needed of oil.
Ingredients for Chingri Malai Curry Recipe. Season with ginger-garlic paste and curry leaves. Add all the remaining ingredients, except curd and tomato puree. Chingri Macher Malai Curry tastes best with steamed rice or Basanti Polau.
Prawn malai curry step by step
- Wash and marinate the prawns.
- Now add oil in a pan add the prawns shallow fry it.
- Keep aside and add cumin seed,bay leaf red chilli and whole garam masalas.
- Now add the masala paste and saute well adding salt and turmeric powder.
- Add red chilli Powder and mix well.
- Now add the prawns and saute well.
- Pour hot water in the coconut and strain.
- Now add the coconut part mix well.
- Pour the coconut milk into the pan and cover till the prawns get soft.
- Add sugar and garam masala powder.
- Serve it with rice or chapati.
Prawn Malai Curry goes very well with rice. Learn how to make/prepare Prawn Malai Curry by following this easy recipe. Prawn Malai Curry it is yumlogical. The coconut milk and green chilli gives the Prawn Malai Curry a two dimensional taste. Chingri malaikari is an iconic Bengali prawn curry made by cooking large tiger prawns (bagda chingri) or giant 'Malai' meaning 'cream' recalls the coconut-milk base in which the prawns are cooked.