Prawn malai curry. Here is Most Famous Bengali Prawn Recipe Chingri Macher Malai Curry. Trust me this Chingri Macher Malaikari recipe will put a big smile on your face. Chingri malai curry (Bengali: চিংড়ি মালাই কারি) also known as prawn malai curry, is a Bengali curry made from prawns and coconut milk and flavoured with spices.
Prawn Malai Curry Recipe. by TNN. If you love seafood then this delightful recipe is for you. Prawns Malai Curry is a delicious combination of creamy gravy and. You can cook Prawn malai curry using 13 easy ingredients and 8 easy steps. This is guide how achieve it.
Ingredients of Prawn malai curry
- Prepare 400 gm of big size prawns.
- It’s 1 cup of masala paste (onion,ginger,garlic).
- You need 1 tsp of red chilli Powder.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 of tomato chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of coconut milk.
- It’s 1 cup of desiccated coconut.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 of red chilli.
- It’s 2 tsp of garam masala powder.
- You need As needed of oil and ghee.
- Prepare To taste of salt and sugar.
Ingredients for Chingri Malai Curry Recipe. Season with ginger-garlic paste and curry leaves. Add all the remaining ingredients, except curd and tomato puree. Chingri Macher Malai Curry tastes best with steamed rice or Basanti Polau.
Prawn malai curry instructions
- Heat oil and temper cumin seed bay leaf red chilli,let it crackle.
- Add prawns shallow fry adding salt and turmeric powder.
- Add the masala paste and saute well adding red chilli Powder and cover.
- Keep it on low heat and stir softly.
- As the raw smell of masala goes away add coconut and fry well.
- Add the coconut milk and cover till it is soft.
- Add ghee,sugar and garam masala powder.
- Garnish with green coriander leaves chopped and serve.
Prawn Malai Curry goes very well with rice. Learn how to make/prepare Prawn Malai Curry by following this easy recipe. Prawn Malai Curry it is yumlogical. The coconut milk and green chilli gives the Prawn Malai Curry a two dimensional taste. Chingri malaikari is an iconic Bengali prawn curry made by cooking large tiger prawns (bagda chingri) or giant 'Malai' meaning 'cream' recalls the coconut-milk base in which the prawns are cooked.