Prawn malai curry. Here is Most Famous Bengali Prawn Recipe Chingri Macher Malai Curry. Trust me this Chingri Macher Malaikari recipe will put a big smile on your face. Chingri malai curry (Bengali: চিংড়ি মালাই কারি) also known as prawn malai curry, is a Bengali curry made from prawns and coconut milk and flavoured with spices.
Prawn Malai Curry Recipe. by TNN. If you love seafood then this delightful recipe is for you. Prawns Malai Curry is a delicious combination of creamy gravy and. This Perfect Prawn malai curry using 14 simple ingredients and 9 easy steps. Learn how to cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Prawn malai curry
- It’s 500 gm of prawn.
- It’s 2 onion of Paste.
- It’s 1 tsp of ginger paste.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic paste.
- Prepare 1tsp of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1/2 cup of desiccated coconut.
- Prepare 1 cup of coconut milk.
- You need 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1 whole of red chilli.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- You need To taste of salt and sugar.
- You need As needed of oil and ghee.
Ingredients for Chingri Malai Curry Recipe. Season with ginger-garlic paste and curry leaves. Add all the remaining ingredients, except curd and tomato puree. Chingri Macher Malai Curry tastes best with steamed rice or Basanti Polau.
Prawn malai curry step by step
- Marinate the prawns with salt and turmeric powder.
- Heat oil and add cumin seeds,bay leaf and red chilli.
- Now add the prawn, shallow fry it.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute well.
- Add onion paste and saute well adding salt and turmeric powder.
- Add turmeric powder,salt and red chilli Powder mix well and cover,keep the heat low.
- Now add coconut and coconut milk,mix and again cover it till it is soft and moist.
- Finally add garam masala powder,sugar and ghee.
- Serve with plain rice or chapati.
Prawn Malai Curry goes very well with rice. Learn how to make/prepare Prawn Malai Curry by following this easy recipe. Prawn Malai Curry it is yumlogical. The coconut milk and green chilli gives the Prawn Malai Curry a two dimensional taste. Chingri malaikari is an iconic Bengali prawn curry made by cooking large tiger prawns (bagda chingri) or giant 'Malai' meaning 'cream' recalls the coconut-milk base in which the prawns are cooked.