Prawn malai curry. Here is Most Famous Bengali Prawn Recipe Chingri Macher Malai Curry. Trust me this Chingri Macher Malaikari recipe will put a big smile on your face. Chingri malai curry (Bengali: চিংড়ি মালাই কারি) also known as prawn malai curry, is a Bengali curry made from prawns and coconut milk and flavoured with spices.
Prawn Malai Curry Recipe. by TNN. If you love seafood then this delightful recipe is for you. Prawns Malai Curry is a delicious combination of creamy gravy and. You can cook Prawn malai curry using 12 simple ingredients and 7 simple steps. This is guide how achieve it.
Ingredients of Prawn malai curry
- You need 3 of big prawns.
- You need 1 cup of desiccated coconut.
- Prepare 1 of onion chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- You need 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 of tomato chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
- Prepare To taste of salt and sugar.
- You need As needed of oil.
Ingredients for Chingri Malai Curry Recipe. Season with ginger-garlic paste and curry leaves. Add all the remaining ingredients, except curd and tomato puree. Chingri Macher Malai Curry tastes best with steamed rice or Basanti Polau.
Prawn malai curry step by step
- Marinate the prawn with salt and turmeric powder.
- Now heat oil and temper cumin seeds,.
- Bay leaf and red chilli..
- Add prawns shallow fry and add onion chopped.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute well.
- Add coconut and cumin powder and cover till the prawns are tender.
- Now add sugar and garam masala powder.Goes well with steamed rice..
Prawn Malai Curry goes very well with rice. Learn how to make/prepare Prawn Malai Curry by following this easy recipe. Prawn Malai Curry it is yumlogical. The coconut milk and green chilli gives the Prawn Malai Curry a two dimensional taste. Chingri malaikari is an iconic Bengali prawn curry made by cooking large tiger prawns (bagda chingri) or giant 'Malai' meaning 'cream' recalls the coconut-milk base in which the prawns are cooked.