Macher Muro diye Dal (Fish Head Lentil Curry – Bengali Style).
You can cook Macher Muro diye Dal (Fish Head Lentil Curry – Bengali Style) using 19 easy ingredients and 7 easy steps. Here is how you cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Macher Muro diye Dal (Fish Head Lentil Curry – Bengali Style)
- It’s 1/2 cup of moong dal (split green gram), dry roasted.
- It’s 1 of Rohu fish head, deep fried.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger-garlic paste.
- You need 1 tsp of tomato paste / 1/2 cup tomato puree.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of mustard oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of panch phoron (equal quantities of fennel, fenugreek, cumin, mustard & nigella seeds).
- You need 1" of cinnamon.
- You need 2 of green cardamoms.
- Prepare 4 of cloves.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 of dry red chilli, broken into half.
- It’s 1 tbsp of roasted coriander-cumin powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garam masala powder.
- You need 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1-2 of green chilies, slit (opt).
- Prepare 1 tsp of ghee.
Macher Muro diye Dal (Fish Head Lentil Curry – Bengali Style) instructions
- Dry roast the moong dal (split green gram). Boil in 1 & 1/2 cups water for 4-5 whistles. When cool, whisk well along with salt and turmeric powder and keep aside..
- Deep fry the fish head after marinating with a pinch of salt & turmeric powder..
- Heat oil in a pan and temper with the panch phoron, bay leaves, dry red chilli, cardamoms, cloves and cinnamon. Saute till they stops spluttering..
- Add onion and saute till light brown..
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander-cumin powder, tomato paste & garam masala powder mixed with 2-3 tbsp. water..
- Add the boiled dal, salt, green chilies (opt) and the fried fish head (broken into half). Add 1/2 cup more water. Simmer on medium flame till the gravy thickens a bit. When done, add ghee and mix well.
- Serve hot with plain steamed rice..