Chingri diye Masoor Dal Er Khichuri (Prawn Khichdi – Bengali Style). Bengali masoor dal khichdi recipe for monsoon days. Red lentils or masoor dal is cooked with par boiled rice and warm aromatic spices. Machh'er matha diye bhaja moog'er dal: In the hierarchy of dals, this dal with fish head occupies the highest Labra tarkari recipe—Very special Bengali niramish khichuri-labra for Durga or Lokkhi pujo'r bhog Chingri Malaikari Recipe—Bengali Prawn Malai Curry—Bengali Prawn Curry—Noboborsho.
Bengalis love to eat boras either made from different veggies like bandakophi(cabbage, recipe shared in my blog), pui saak'er bora and many others made. Bengali Khichdi – Bhoger Khichuri using moong dal. It's a recipe where lentil, rice, veggies, spices, and ghee are cooked together to form an extremely delicious and healthy meal. This Tasty Chingri diye Masoor Dal Er Khichuri (Prawn Khichdi – Bengali Style) using 30 easy ingredients and 9 easy steps. This is guide how cook it.
Ingredients of Chingri diye Masoor Dal Er Khichuri (Prawn Khichdi – Bengali Style)
- Prepare of Khichuri -.
- You need 1/3 cup of masoor (red lentil) dal, soaked for 30 minutes.
- You need 1/3 cup of basmati rice, soaked for 30 minutes.
- Prepare 1 of potato, cubed.
- You need 1/2 cup of green peas.
- You need 1 cup of cauliflower florets.
- It’s 8-10 of beans, cut into 1" pieces.
- Prepare 3 tbsp. of mustard oil.
- It’s 1 tsp. of panch phoron.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1-2 of dry red chilies.
- It’s 1 tsp. of ginger, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- It’s 4 cups of water.
- Prepare 8-10 of cashew nuts.
- It’s 7-8 of almonds.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of ghee.
- Prepare of Prawn Curry -.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shrimps / prawns, deveined & cleaned.
- You need 1 tbsp. of mustard oil.
- It’s 1 tsp. of cumin seeds.
- You need 1 of dry red chilli.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 tsp. of garlic, chopped.
- You need 1 tsp. of ginger, chopped.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp. of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of garam masala powder / whole spice powder.
Bengali Masoor dal (Bengali style Red lentils).the main difference between the dals cooked the Punjabi way and dals cooked the Bengali way is the consistency – Punjabis like their dals thick and Bengalis like Chingri Malaikari/Prawns cooked in Coconut Milk…a match made in Prawn Heaven!!! Frying Bitter Melon (Uchche Bhaja) in microwave. As one of the most delectable among the Bengali curries, Daab Chingri or prawns cooked in a cocoanut shell, is considered unique. Badhacopi Ilish Bhaja – Cauliflower Hilsha Fry.
Chingri diye Masoor Dal Er Khichuri (Prawn Khichdi – Bengali Style) step by step
- Prawn Curry – Heat oil in a pan and temper with cumin seeds & dry red chilli. Add the onion, ginger and garlic. Saute till light brown..
- Add the prawns & all the dry spices. Mix everything well and stir fry on a low flame till the prawns are cooked. When done, keep aside..
- Khichuri – Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a pan & saute the veggies (except green peas) till light brown in colour. Drain and keep aside..
- Heat remaining oil & temper with bay leaves, red chilies, panch phoron and ginger. Saute for a few seconds..
- Add the soaked dal, rice and turmeric powder. Saute for 2 minutes..
- Add 4 cups of hot water & bring it to a boil. Cover & simmer till half done..
- Add salt, fried veggies, green peas, cashew nuts and almonds. Cover and simmer further till done and all the water is absorbed..
- Add the prepared prawn curry & ghee. Give it a stir & switch off the flame..
- Garnish with coriander leaves & serve along with papad, lemon wedges, green chilies or / and a side dish..
The Bengali variant of 'khichdi' made with roasted moong dal and fragrant gobindobhog rice. Today's recipe can double as an easy bhog'er khichuri, as well as a delicious, sustaining rainy-day meal. It is made with shona moong—little grains of golden moong dal commonly found in Bengal. Bengali-style khichdi is aromatic and also laden with veggies and dal. The use of crushed spices instead of whole Add the ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, rice and masoor dal, mix well Tarla Dalal Hello Mr.