This Appetizing Prawn Biryani using 26 easy ingredients and 9 easy steps. Here is how you achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Prawn Biryani
- Prepare 1.5 cup of basmati rice.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 2-3 of green cardamoms.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 2 of onions thinly sliced.
- It’s of Marination Ingredients.
- You need 250 g of prawns (cleaned).
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of turmeic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need To taste of salt.
- You need of Gravy Ingredients.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- You need 2 tsp of ghee.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare as needed of Whole garam masala (cinnamon, star anise, green cardamom, cloves).
- You need 2 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 of tomato chopped.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeic powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of chilli powder.
- You need 1 tsp of biryani masala.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of coriander leaves.
- You need 2 tbsp of mint leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fresh curd.
Prawn Biryani instructions
- Marinate prawns with the ingredients. Keep it aside for 30 minutes..
- Soak the rice for 30 minutes and drain. Boil it with water by adding bay leaf, little bit oil, ghee, cardamom, cumin seeds and salt a pinch. Cook the rice firm and al dente but not mushy. Drain the rice to a colander..
- Heat the pan with oil. Add onion and fry until brown. Place it in a plate..
- Add ghee with the same hot oil. Add cumin seeds. When they splutter, add bay leaf and whole garam masala. Saute for few seconds. Next add ginger garlic paste, tomato, curd, salt, turmeic powder, chilli powder and biryani masala. Cook until the oil begins to ooze out..
- Add the prawns and cook until the raw smell goes away. Keep it aside..
- Grease a pot and add half of the rice to the pot. Spread half of the fried onions over it. Add mint leaves, coriander leaves to it. Then add the prawns gravy and level it..
- Add rest of the rice, fried onions, mint leaves, coriander leaves and level it. Add saffron colour and rose water..
- Seal with a foil or tight lid and cook on a hot tawa for 20 minutes..
- Allow prawn biryani to rest for 15 minutes and then serve..