Prawn Malai Curry.
You can cook Prawn Malai Curry using 18 easy ingredients and 3 simple steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Prawn Malai Curry
- It’s 300 gms of medium sized prawns.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ginger paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic paste.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato puree.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of curd.
- You need 1 cup of coconut milk.
- You need 1 tsp of coconut paste.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 tsp of kashmiri red chilli powder.
- It’s 2 of cardamoms.
- It’s 1 of small stick cinnamon.
- Prepare 4-5 of cashewnuts.
- It’s 3 tbsp of mustard oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ghee.
- You need To taste of salt and sugar.
- It’s 2-3 of slit green chillies.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garam masala powder.
Prawn Malai Curry instructions
- Clean and devein prawns.Smear little salt and turmeric and let it rest for 10 minutes. Heat oil in a wok and lightly fry the prawns..
- Make a paste of 1/2 coconut and pour 1 cup hot water in it.Strain the milk from the paste.Make a paste of 1 onion,3-4 cashewnuts,1 tbsp curd.Add ginger garlic paste and tomato puree..
- Add ghee to the remaining oil. Sprinkle half crushed whole garam masala. When they splutter, add the ground masala,turmeric, red chilli powder,salt and sugar to taste.Toss till oil leaves sides.Add the prawns and toss well.Add coconut milk and bring to boil for 5 minutes.Overcooking will harden the prawns.Add 1 tsp coconut paste to thicken the gravy.When the gravy is thick,add garam masala and slit green chillies.Serve with rice..