Mackerel Simmered In Sweet Miso Sauce.
This Yummy Mackerel Simmered In Sweet Miso Sauce using 7 simple ingredients and 4 simple steps. Learn how to achieve it.
Ingredients of Mackerel Simmered In Sweet Miso Sauce
- Prepare 4 of fillets Mackerel *about 500g.
- You need 1 of thumb size piece Ginger *sliced into fine strips.
- You need 4 of thick Spring Onion *lighter colour parts.
- You need 1/2 cup of Water.
- You need 1/4 cup of Sake (Rice Wine).
- It’s 3 tablespoons of White Miso AND/OR Red Miso.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Sugar.
Mackerel Simmered In Sweet Miso Sauce step by step
- Remove bones from fillets of Mackerel. Cut white and lighter colour parts of Spring Onions 5cm in length..
- Combine Water, Sake, Miso, Sugar and Ginger in a frying pan, and bring to the boil. Place Mackerel fillets, skin side up, and Spring Onion, cover with a sheet of baking paper, and simmer for ten minutes..
- Remove the baking paper and let the sauce thickens..
- Serve with freshly cooked rice!.