Malvani Clams Masala.
This Yummy Malvani Clams Masala using 17 easy ingredients and 14 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve it.
Ingredients of Malvani Clams Masala
- It’s 250 g of fresh clams, washed and drained.
- Prepare 1 of large onion chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of freshly grated coconut.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coriander seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 2-3 of dry red chilies.
- It’s 1 of " ginger sliced.
- You need 6-8 of large garlic cloves.
- It’s 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2-1 tsp of kashmiri red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of malvani masala.
- You need 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped coriander leaves.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive or coconut oil.
- You need 3-4 of kokum petals washed.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
Malvani Clams Masala step by step
- Boil the clams with little turmeric powder and salt for 5 minutes. Cool and discard empty shell of the clam keeping the meaty part along with shell intact..
- Heat a thick bottomed skillet..
- Dry roast coriander seeds, cumins seeds and red chilies till aromatic but not charred. Remove to a plate..
- Dry roast half the chopped onion till lightly colored stirring constantly..
- Add ginger, garlic, and coriander leaves (keep some aside for garnish). Dry roast till garlic is lightly colored..
- Add coconut and roast till coconut turns brown..
- Add few drops of oil and roast the masala well for a minute or so. Cool thoroughly..
- Grind all the roasted masala along with onion and coconut. Add little water to make smooth paste..
- In another pan, heat oil. Add remaining onions and stir till lightly caramelized..
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, and malvani masala. Stir well. add little water to loosen the masala. Keep stirring..
- Add the ground masala and saute till oil is released..
- Add kokum and clams along with salt to taste. Stir well to incorporate the masala with clams..
- Add water and cover the pan. Bring it to a simmer and cook for another 5 minutes..
- Switch off gas and transfer the clams to serving dish. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves..