Dal Chingri Lentil with Prawns Bengali Style. Dal is the most usual part of Indian Meal. Bengali meal is also not out of this. But that is not available out of West Bengal.
Lentil curry or "dal" is a very common Indian food preparation, which is taken with either rice or flat breads, such as chapatti and naan. This dish is prepared in a way my family from West Bengal loves to prepare dal. You can use chana dal (found in Indian grocery stores) or yellow split peas (available. You can cook Dal Chingri Lentil with Prawns Bengali Style using 15 easy ingredients and 6 easy steps. Here is how you achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Dal Chingri Lentil with Prawns Bengali Style
- Prepare 1/2 cup of masoor dal soaked for an hour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of prawns.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 of onion chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of ginger chopped.
- Prepare 2 of green chilies chopped.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1 tsp of coriander leaves chopped.
Golda Chingri'r Malaikari is a classic Bengali preparation with Lobster or prawns and coconut milk. This silky smooth creamy yet surprisingly light gravy is perfumed with Bengali gota gorom moshla (whole spices) and flavoured with ginger, fresh green chilli and of course none other than shorsher tel. Bengali Style Chana Dal is a delicious lentil dish cooked with Bengal gram or chana dal. This dish of dal is flavored with coconut, ghee and an assortment of whole spices.
Dal Chingri Lentil with Prawns Bengali Style step by step
- Marinate the prawns with a pinch of salt and turmeric powder for 5 minutes. Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a pan and fry them till light golden in colour. Keep aside..
- Temper the same oil with cumin seeds and bay leaves. Add the onion, ginger, garlic and green chilies. Saute till light brown..
- Add the soaked & drained dal & saute for 2 minutes. Now add all the dry spices (except salt) and mix well..
- Add 1 & 1/2 cups water, salt & the fried prawns. Cover and simmer till it turns thick and done. Switch off the flame..
- Add the coriander leaves & the remaining oil & give it a stir. Keep covered for 2 minutes..
- Serve with hot steamed rice or chapati..
The Bengali bori or bodi made with masoor dal is an excellent addition to vegetables and even fish curries. Chingri Malakari is an authentic Bengali Recipe with jumbo prawns cooked in coconut milk gravy. It has beautiful textures, light spices and is oh Chingri Malaikari is perhaps the most celebrated secret of Bengali Cuisine. The jumbo prawns are cooked in creamy and velvety coconut milk and delicate. LUCHI, CHOLRDAL/ ALUDUM: Traditional Bengali Style Fried Puffed Indian Bread, chana dal and Potato.