You can cook Prawn Masala using 12 simple ingredients and 3 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to cook this tasty food.
Ingredients of Prawn Masala
- You need 500 gm of Prawns.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of Ginger garlic paste.
- It’s 1 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin powder.
- It’s 1 cup of freshly blended Tomato puree.
- You need 2 of Onions shallow fried and blended.
- You need 1/4 cup of Coriander leaves finely chopped.
- You need 2-3 of Green chillies.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of Garam masala.
Prawn Masala instructions
- Wash and de vein the Prawns at first. Add Salt and Turmeric powder to them. Mix well and keep aside covered. In the meantime shallow fry the Onions and Green chillies. Blend them into a smooth paste. Likewise blanch 3-4 Tomatoes in hot water. Peel the skin off and blend well to get a tangy puree..
- Heat Oil in a cooking pot. Fry the Prawns now. Shallow fry them for about 5 minutes. Now add the rest of the ingredients listed. Mix well and saute until the raw smell of the onions fade away and the Oil starts leaving the sides of the pot. Do not over cook the Prawns. They should retain their crunch. They should not be fully dry. The masala should coat each of them pretty well. Garnish with Garam masala and chopped Coriander leaves. Enjoy!.
- This style of Prawn Masala or Jhinge Masala is my way of doing it. My family's favourite dish. The masalas are simple and the ingredients are easily available in every pantry. The only thing is to lay your hands upon some really good juicy Prawns and then you are good to go. This is the most easily done recipe and is the most delicious too. It goes well with Parathas, Naans, Chapatis, Rumaali Rotis, Pulaos or Phulkas too. Even Vegetable Pulao or Ghee Rice or Zeera Rice too. Happy Cooking People.