Prawn Masala with Coconut Milk.
This Tasty Prawn Masala with Coconut Milk using 25 simple ingredients and 8 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve that.
Ingredients of Prawn Masala with Coconut Milk
- You need of For marination.
- Prepare 300 gm of prawn.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare of For gravy.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of mustard oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 2-3 of green cardamoms.
- You need 1 inch of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 3-4 of cloves.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 of onion chopped.
- Prepare 2 of green chillies slit.
- It’s 1 of tomato chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- You need 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
- You need To taste of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
- You need 2 tsp of chopped coriander leaves.
Prawn Masala with Coconut Milk instructions
- To begin with peel and clean the prawns. Wash them properly in running water..
- Marinate the prawns with 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp chilli powder and salt and keep aside for at least 10-15 minutes..
- Heat 2-3 tsp oil in a pan and gently shallow fry the prawns for 3-4 minutes. Keep aside..
- Heat remaining oil in another pan. Add sugar and the moment it melts down to maroon colour, add whole dry spices (cardamom, cinnamon, cloves), bay leaf and cumin seeds..
- When they begin to splutter, add chopped onion and green chilli. Fry onion till brown. Add red chilli powder and turmeric powder. Saute for few seconds. Add ginger garlic paste and saute for 3-4 minutes till the raw smell disappears..
- Then add cumin powder, coriander powder and mix well. Add little water and fry masala until oil separates. Add chopped tomato and salt. Cook till tomato is soft and mushy..
- Now add the fried prawns and mix well. Add coconut milk and cook for 5-7 minutes on a low medium heat till it reaches a desired gravy. Add garam masala powder and chopped coriander leaves. Cover and turn off the flame..
- Serve prawn masala hot with rice or roti..