Indian Prawn Curry – Made from Scratch.
This Tasty Indian Prawn Curry – Made from Scratch using 17 simple ingredients and 12 simple steps. This is guide how achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Indian Prawn Curry – Made from Scratch
- You need 12 of Raw prawn (black tiger prawn or Japanese tiger prawns).
- It’s 1 large of Onion.
- It’s 1 1/2 cm of Ginger.
- You need 2 clove of Garlic.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ☆ Cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of ☆ Cinnamon powder.
- It’s 3 of ☆ Whole cardamon.
- You need 3 of ☆ Clove.
- Prepare 300 grams of Canned tomatoes.
- It’s 1 tsp of ◎ Turmeric.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ◎ Cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of ◎ Coriander seed powder.
- You need 250 ml of Water.
- You need 1 tsp of Garam masala.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 of handful Cilantro.
Indian Prawn Curry – Made from Scratch instructions
- Peel the shells from the prawns, devein, and rinse well. Salt and pepper lightly and set aside. Crush the cardamon with a knife..
- Mince the onion, ginger, and garlic. Open the tomato can. Optional: If you love spicy curry, remove the seeds and thickly slice the fresh hot chili pepper..
- Heat the oil over high heat and add the ☆ spices. Stir-fry so the oil coats the spices and continue until the cumin seed stops crackling..
- Add the garlic, ginger, and onion, then stir-fry until half transparent. If you like it spicy, go ahead and add fresh red chili pepper here and fry..
- Add the ◎ spices and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes..
- Add the tomato. If they are whole, crush with a spatula into small pieces..
- Stir-fry the onion and tomato for about 3-5 minutes over medium heat. It will thicken and the oil will start separating from the tomato..
- Pour in the water and mix the curry paste..
- Cover loosely with a lid and simmer over low heat for at least 30 minutes. Lift the lid occasionally and stir to prevent the curry from burning. Remove the lid for the last 10 minutes..
- Meanwhile, divide the cilantro into two portions. Finely chop one portion, leaving the rest for garnish..
- Add the raw prawns, salt, chopped coriander leaves, and garam masala to the curry sauce and mix. Cook over medium heat until the pawns have boiled. Then taste and adjust the saltiness..
- Remove whole pieces of spices (eg. cardamoms). Plate and garnish with cilantro..