Indian Prawn Curry: Bombay-style.
You can have Indian Prawn Curry: Bombay-style using 14 easy ingredients and 5 simple steps. This is guide how achieve that.
Ingredients of Indian Prawn Curry: Bombay-style
- Prepare 20 of Prawns (raw prawns are better).
- It’s 1 of Onion.
- It’s 1 medium of 1/4~1/2 Tomato.
- You need 1 tbsp of Garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of Ginger.
- You need 2 of Green chili.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- It’s 2 of Red chili.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garam masala.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Red chili powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Coriander seed powder.
- You need 1 of Salt.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of Oil (better to use plenty of oil).
- It’s 1 of Water.
Indian Prawn Curry: Bombay-style instructions
- Prepare the ingredients as shown in this picture! You can use frozen prawns, but raw are better as they are soft and give more flavor to the curry when it's done..
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the red chili and cumin seeds. When fragrant, add green chili and fry for 1 minute. Add garlic and ginger..
- Oil will splatter, so be very careful! Turn the heat to medium and fry further (Adding little water to prevent burning). It is important to fry the mixture patiently! Keep frying until fragrant and light golden brown (5~7 minutes)..
- Add tomatoes first and fry for 1~2 minutes, then add the onions and fry until softened (Onions become tender once they absorb oil. Keep frying until they become sweet.) If there is not much oil left in the pan, add more..
- Add the spices, water (appropriate amount) and salt and simmer. When the spices are blended well, add the prawns. When the prawns are cooked, season with salt and it's done..