South Indian spicy prawn gravy.
This Tasty South Indian spicy prawn gravy using 17 simple ingredients and 11 simple steps. This is guide how cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of South Indian spicy prawn gravy
- You need 800 gram of Prawns cleaned,.
- You need 6 spoon of Sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 spoon of saunf/ fennel seeds.
- It’s 15 of Garlic pods crushed.
- You need 2 tsp of Ginger crushed.
- Prepare 2 sprigs of Curry leaves roughly chopped.
- It’s 1 of Onion big size chopped.
- You need 2 spoon of Kulambu milagai podi/Curry chilli powder.
- Prepare 15 of Shallots chopped.
- You need 3 of Tomato ripe big size.
- Prepare 1 spoon of Chilli powder.
- You need 1 spoon of black pepper powder.
- Prepare As needed of Coriander leaves finely chopped.
- You need 3 of Green chillies slitted lengthwise.
- You need 2 spoon of Rock salt.
- It’s 1 spoon of Turmeric powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Lemon.
South Indian spicy prawn gravy instructions
- Keep all your ingredients ready. Roughly crush ginger and garlic in a mortel pestel.Clean the prawns and add turmeric powder and lime juice and marinate for atleast 15 minutes..
- Add crushed ginger and garlic and fry till golden. Add curry leaves and green chillies and let it splutter.
- Then add the chopped onions and shallots and fry till they are roasted. The more you fry the onions to perfection, the better your gravy will taste..
- Then add chopped tomatoes, rock salt and tomatoes and cook till tomatoes turn mushy.
- Then add kulambu chilli powder and plain chilli powder and fry the masala on low flame till raw smell goes off.
- Drain the excess water from prawns and add to the masala and coat the prawns with the masala and cook for 5-7 minutes..
- Add 1 cup water and allow it to boil for 15 minutes until gravy is thickened..
- Add pepper powder and cook for 5 minutes..
- Add coriander leaves and turn off the flame.
- Serve hot with idly, dosa, chapati, roti, phulka, paratha, lemon rice, curd rice, steamed rice, tomato rice etc..