Prawn / shrimps Biryani (Indian style). Shrimp Biryani otherwise called as prawns biriyani is an one pot rice dish made by cooking rice along with shrimp and a few aromatic Indian spices. Shrimp (or Prawns) flavours the rice making it a delicious meal. It goes well with some cool onion raita or potato chips.
Biryani is a traditional Indian rice-based dish with spices, herbs and dry fruits. The religious precepts of Hindu and Jain cultures have made Indian cuisine a cuisine rich in vegetarian dishes. Indian cuisine has also been influenced by a rich history of invasions, colonies and international political relations. You can have Prawn / shrimps Biryani (Indian style) using 37 easy ingredients and 7 simple steps. Learn how to achieve it.
Ingredients of Prawn / shrimps Biryani (Indian style)
- Prepare of For Marination 500 g Prawns cleaned and de-veined.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Yogurt whisked.
- You need 1 tbsp of Kashmiri Red Chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- It’s 3-4 of Green Chillies slit.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Fried Onions.
- It’s 2 tsp of Garam Masala powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Garlic Paste.
- You need 3/4 tbsp of Ginger Paste.
- It’s 1 tsp of Coriander powder.
- It’s 1 inch of Cinnamon stick.
- You need 4 of Cardamom.
- Prepare 4 of Cloves.
- You need 5-6 of Black peppercorns.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Mace crushed.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Nutmeg grated.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Oil.
- You need of Juice of 1 lemon.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need of to cook prawns.
- You need 1 of Onion large sized, finely sliced.
- Prepare 1 of Tomato large sized, sliced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of coriander leaves chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of mint leaves chopped.
- It’s 3 tbsp of rice.
- You need of for rice.
- You need 2 cups of Long grain basmati rice soaked for 30 mins.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 inch of Cinnamon stick.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare 2 of Oil.
- You need of Water as required.
- Prepare of for layering.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Fried onions.
- You need of generous pinch of saffron soaked in 2 tbsp water.
- You need 2 tbsp of desi ghee.
As a kid I loved seafood and hated Indian food. Over the years somehow that got switched up to loving Indian food and becoming vegetarian. Original Indian Recipes by home makers, mothers, grandmothers & Indian food lovers. Jhinga Biryani as the name suggests is using Prawns instead of meat or chicken for the Biryani.
Prawn / shrimps Biryani (Indian style) step by step
- Marinating Prawn In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients well. Add prawns, mix. Cover and allow it to marinade for 30 mins under refrigeration…
- Cooking The Prawn Heat 3 tbsps of oil in heavy bottom pan. (we will slow cook the biryani in same pot, so choose the one with tight fitting lid). Then, add sliced onions and fry until just starts picking up golden colour. Add bay leaf and sliced tomatoes and sauté on high heat for another minute..
- Then, add marinated prawns and and mix. Cook on high heat for minute and then low heat for 3 minutes. Do not add any water and do not over cook the prawns. Add coriander leaves and mint leaves and mix..
- Boiling Rice In a large pot, add enough water. Add bay leaves, oil, lemon juice and salt. Bring it to a boil. Add rice and cook until the rice is 70% done..
- Layering The Prawn Biryani Now, top the prawns with fried onions. When the rice is 70% done, using a large colander or slotted spoon take out the rice and layer it evenly over the prawns layer. Sprinkle the melted ghee over the rice layer. Sprinkle the saffron water and cover the pot with the tight fitting lid..
- Place the pot over a high flame and cook for 5-7 minutes. Place hot tava/griddle below the pot and keep it for Dum(slow cook) for another 10-12 minutes. After 15 minutes, switch off the heat and leave as it is for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, open the lid, dish out yummy hot prawn biryani and serve with raita of your choice..
- Notes Allow the rice to soak for 30 minutes Do not use too thick or too watery yogurt. It should be just thick enough to cook the prawns without water. Marinate the prawns for 30 minutes to deepen the flavour. Use heavy bottom pot with tight fitting lid to make biryani..
This is one of the very popular rice recipes in India and loved by people globally. Prawn Shrimp Biryani is a traditional Indian dish prepared by layering spices, shrimp or prawn and aromatic rice. It is an aromatic, lip Recipe, Kolambi Chi Kavaln , Prawns Pepper Fry, Dahi Jihinga Curry Prawn In Mustard Curd Curry, Shrimp Prawns Biryani – Restaurant Style, Prawn Pil Pil. When the shrimp is cooked keep frying until the shrimp crispy as shown in the photo. Thank you for visiting my blog.