Malay Fish Curry. Hazel McBride shares the fragrant and spicy world of South African food in her recipe for Cape Malay fish curry. Step by step learn how to cook and prepare the most delicious fish curry using the techniques of the Cape Malay. If you have never tasted South African.
This curry is definitely not an exact replica of what we were served Add the fish and prawns and stir. Authentic South African Cape Malay Fish Curry recipe, with easy step-by-step instructions & resources to obtain traditional, often hard to find ingredients. This recipe by Hazel McBride shares the fragrant and spicy world of South African food in her recipe for Cape Malay fish curry. This Tasty Malay Fish Curry using 23 easy ingredients and 4 simple steps. Here is how you achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Malay Fish Curry
- It’s of Halba Campur (Thalippu Spice Blend) recipe;.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Mustard Seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of Fenugreek.
- You need 1 tsp of Fennel Seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin Seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Black Gram (Ulunthu).
- You need of Main Ingredients;.
- Prepare 130 g of Sea bass fillet (mackerel is good too).
- You need 2 Tbsp of Curry Powder (see Malay Chicken Curry).
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Halba Campur.
- Prepare 20 g of Shallots (finely chopped).
- Prepare 10 g of Garlic (finely chopped).
- Prepare 20 g of Ginger (finely chopped).
- It’s 6 of curry leaves.
- It’s 100 g of Potatoes (slice).
- It’s 100 g of Tomatoes (diced).
- Prepare 2 pc of Tamarind slices.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Coconut milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of Water.
- It’s 2 tsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of Cooking Oil.
- Prepare 1 Stalk of Spring Onion (for Garnish).
While you can substitute the rock ling or hake with any firm white-fleshed fish. However, this Malaysian chicken curry recipe is very easy chicken curry that you can make with Without further ado, this is my Malay-inspired easy chicken curry recipe. Make a big pot today and. Curry fish was brought to the Cape from the East when the slave trade was still in operation.
Malay Fish Curry step by step
- In a wok heat cooking oil on high heat. Fry the Halba Campur spice blend until fragrant. Then add the shallots, garlic and ginger and fry these until fragrant. Then add the curry powder and mix well until that is fragrant..
- Next add the tomatoes and potatoes and fry for 1 minute. After that, add 1/2 cup of water and cover with a lid. Let it stew for 5 minutes while stirring every 1 minute..
- Next turn down the heat to low heat. Add in the coconut milk, tamarind slices, curry leaves, sugar, salt and then mix well. Add in the fish and cover with lid for 5 minutes. Serve on a plate and garnish with spring onions..
- COMMENTARY; Black Gram that you use for this is the processed one and it is white in color. The Malay name for it is Halba Putih (White Fenugreek) which is wrong. You can substitute Black Gram with Nigella Seeds (Black Carraway) and this spice blend recipe is called Panch Phoron that is used in Northeast India (Bengal, Nepal).
Today it is an immensely popular Cape Malay dish made by everyone around the world, and not only at Easter. These Hong Kong style curry fish balls are a beloved street food super easy to prepare at home. You can serve them as an appetizer or with rice as a meal! The Best Cape Malay Recipes on Yummly Cape Malay Curry, Cape Malay Lamb Curry South African Cape Malay Fish CurryFish is the dish. bay leaves, dried apricots, bananas, curry powder.