Papaya Chicken with Turmeric Rice.
You can have Papaya Chicken with Turmeric Rice using 25 easy ingredients and 7 easy steps. Learn how to achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Papaya Chicken with Turmeric Rice
- You need of Papaya Chicken.
- Prepare 400 gm of chicken breast, cut into bite sizes.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sambal oelek (or to taste) (optional).
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of scallion, chopped.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- It’s 1 inch of ginger, chopped.
- Prepare 2 cups of green or unripe papaya, seeded and diced.
- Prepare 1 of bell pepper, cut into strips.
- It’s 1/2 cup of lemon or orange juice.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sweet soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of shrimp paste or fish sauce.
- You need 1 cup of broccoli, cut into bite sizes.
- It’s 1 cup of mushroom (optional).
- It’s of Turmeric Rice.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of basmati rice.
- It’s of (cook with rice cooker or in a pot, following the instructions).
- It’s of (I use 3 1/2 cup of water).
- You need 1 cup of chicken broth (adjust with water for cooking rice).
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garam masala (optional).
- It’s Pinch of salt.
Papaya Chicken with Turmeric Rice instructions
- Cook rice.
- Prepare a pan with oil and sautee scallion, garlic and ginger.
- Add chicken along with bell pepper and cook until the chicken turns white.
- Add fish sauce or shrimp paste together with lemon or orange juice, soy sauce and sambal oelek. Mix well..
- Add broccoli and papaya (or mushroom) and cook until the broccoli is soft. Make sure to adjust, not to add papaya earlier than broccoli if papaya was already soft before you start cooking it..
- Add salt to taste. My shrimp paste was already salty enough so I didn't add any salt..
- Serve with hot turmeric rice..