This Perfect Fish Curry using 15 easy ingredients and 3 simple steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fish Curry
- It’s 3 of White fish fillets (catfish, flounder or other white fish).
- It’s 1 of Large White Onion (chopped).
- You need 3 of Garlic cloves (minced).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 2 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 1 tsp of curry powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tamarind paste (optional).
- It’s 1 of fresh cilantro chopped (for garnish).
Fish Curry instructions
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat; saute the onion for about 5-7 minutes, until softened then add the garlic and saute for a few seconds more..
- Add the salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, turmeric, garam masala, curry powder, and cumin, chicken broth, coconut milk, lemon juice, tamarind paste and cilantro..
- Bring to a simmer then reduce heat to low and add the fish, being careful not to over-stir (the fish will break apart). Cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally (very carefully) until the fish is cooked through. Serve over basmati rice..