This Appetizing Simmered Okara using 14 easy ingredients and 6 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Simmered Okara
- It’s 150 g of fresh okara.
- You need 1/3 medium of carrot.
- You need 1/2 of burdock roots.
- Prepare 2 of shiitake mushrooms.
- It’s 1 of abura-age (deep-fried tofu).
- It’s 1 of chikuwa (if you have).
- It’s 5 cm of Japanese leeks (cut into small pieces).
- It’s 250 ml of dashi (The soaking liquid from shiitake mushrooms)*.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of sugar *.
- You need 1 Tbsp of sake *.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of soy sauce *.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of mirin *.
- You need 1 pinch of salt *.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of vegetable oil.
Simmered Okara instructions
- Soak shiitake mushrooms in water for about 1 hour. (if no time, 30 mins is also OK).
- Peel carrot and cut into thin sticks. Scrub the burdock root with a brush (no need to peel) and cut into thin shreds (Soak them in water to remove the strong taste). Remove stems of shiitake mushrooms and slice thinly. Cut abura-age and chikuwa into short strips..
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat, then put carrot and burdock root and stir fry for 2~3 mins and put shiitake mushrooms and saute. Add okara and cook thoroughly..
- Put abura-age, chikuwa and the * ingredients and bring to a simmer over medium ~ high heat, then lower the heat, and continue to simmer until the liquid is almost gone..
- Top with shredded leek to finish..
- For your reference: About dashi katsuo or niboshi or konbu dashi or mix is also tasty!.