Goan fish curry. India has lots of coastline, so it's no surprise that fish and seafood are common ingredients in Indian curries. Goa, the smallest state in India, located on the western coast. Does Goan fish curry float your boat, or do your seafood curry allegiances lie elsewhere?
Learn how to make Goan Fish Curry recipe at home from The Bombay Chef Varun Inamdar on Get Curried. Goan Fish Curry is an authentic curry recipe prepared. Recipe for Goan Fish Curry made with home made goan fish curry paste and spices. You can cook Goan fish curry using 19 easy ingredients and 2 easy steps. Learn how to cook it.
Ingredients of Goan fish curry
- You need 4 of cardamom pods,seeds only.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander seeds.
- Prepare 2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- You need 2 tbsp of grated unsweetened coconut.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of large onion, chopped.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic,crushed.
- You need 2 tsp of ginger,chopped.
- Prepare 2 of mild red chilies.
- You need 1 tsp of each ground cumin,turmeric,paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 2 tsp of tamarind paste.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 580 ml of coconut milk.
- It’s 680 g of firm – fleshed white fish fillets,cut into 4 – inch pieces.
- Prepare 1 of small potato,peeled and diced quite small.
- Prepare 12 of large prawns, peeled and deveined.
- It’s 4 tbsp of freshly chopped coriander.
- You need 2 of tomatoes,chopped to serve.
I came across this Goan fish curry from the Instagram handle of Chef Floyd Cardoz. This Goan Fish Curry recipe is a staple food usually eaten with rice and naan like traditional Indian food. This fish curry recipe has gotten me a little further along on that path. It's a from-scratch Indian You'll see wine and lots of vinegar in their cooking, as well as a lot of seafood.
Goan fish curry instructions
- In small saucepan over medium heat, dry -fry the cardamom seeds, coriander seeds and mustard seeds,until they begin to jump.Remove from heat, tip into a mortar and grind to a powder with the pestle.set aside.Add the coconut to the saucepan and toast until golden brown.remove from heat and set aside.In a medium frying pan,heat the oil and cook the onion for 5 minutes.Add garlic,ginger,chilies,cumin,turmeric,paprika, garam masala and cook for 2 minutes.Tip in the ground spices,.
- Toasted coconut and tamarind paste.Transfer to the slow cooker,and add the coconut milk.Stir together to combine.Place the fish and potato in the sauce, cover and cook on low for 4 hours.Thirty minutes before the end of cooking time,add the prawns and stir gently to coat in sauce.Before serving,adjust the seasoning as needed,stir in the coriander and garnish with chopped tomatoes..
I also make a Goan crab. A quick and easy Goan Fish & Spinach Curry, Coriander Rice recipe, from our authentic Indian cuisine collection. Find brilliant recipe ideas and cooking tips at Gousto. Lovely fish curry which is also lo in fat and calories. This recipe has been submitted by the Good Food community.