Chicken in Spicy Tamarind Sauce (Ayam Asam Pedas).
This Perfect Chicken in Spicy Tamarind Sauce (Ayam Asam Pedas) using 22 simple ingredients and 7 simple steps. Here is how you achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Chicken in Spicy Tamarind Sauce (Ayam Asam Pedas)
- It’s 350 g of Chicken Meat (boneless, cut into pieces).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Salt (marinate).
- You need of Sambal Paste (blend well);.
- It’s 20 g of Dried Chilli (deseed, rehydrated).
- You need 40 g of Shallots.
- Prepare 20 g of Garlic.
- Prepare 20 g of Ginger Root.
- You need 20 g of Galangal Root.
- You need 20 g of Turmeric Root.
- It’s 20 g of Fermented Shrimp Paste (Belacan).
- You need 20 g of Lemongrass Stalk (white part).
- You need of Aromatics;.
- You need 2 stalk of Ginger Flower (slice in half).
- You need 2 stalk of Lemongrass (bruised).
- Prepare 10 sprigs of Vietnamese Mint (Daun Kesum).
- Prepare of Other Ingredients;.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of Cooking Oil.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 1.5 cup of Water.
- You need 100 g of Okra.
- It’s 2 pc of Tomatoes (quartered).
- You need 10 g of Vietnamese Mint leaves (finely chopped, garnish).
Chicken in Spicy Tamarind Sauce (Ayam Asam Pedas) instructions
- MARINATE; Salt the chicken and set aside for 30 minutes or more..
- COOK THE PASTE; heat 3 Tbsp of Cooking Oil until hot, then add the Sambal Paste. Cook the Paste until the oil separates..
- TAMARIND; once the oil separates, add the Tamarind juice, Aromatics, Sugar and mix well. Bring it to a gentle boil and cover with a lid. Cook for 5 minutes and stirring occasionally..
- CHICKEN; After 5 minutes, DISCARD the Aromatics, turn down the heat to a Simmer and then add in the Chicken. Cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes while stirring occasionally..
- VEGGIES; after 5 minutes, add the tomatoes and okra. Cover with lid and cook for 2 minutes. After that, remove the lid and season with Salt if necessary..
- OPTIONAL; the dish is basically done but if you want to thicken the gravy, simply continue to simmer without a lid for another 5-10 minutes. You might want to remove the Okra and set it aside but you can leave the tomatoes and chicken in..
- SERVE with cooked rice and garnish with Vietnamese Mint leaves..