Jake's Mussels Stir fried..
This Yummy Jake's Mussels Stir fried. using 17 easy ingredients and 10 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Jake's Mussels Stir fried.
- You need 500 grams of mussels.
- Prepare 1 large of Onion.
- You need 3 clove of garlic (chopped).
- Prepare 2 of green chillies (chopped).
- It’s 3/4 tbsp of chilly powder.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of coriander powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of mustard seed.
- Prepare 1 of few curry leaves.
- It’s 1 of coconut oil as required.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garam masala or pepper powder.
- It’s of For preparing Marinade.
- It’s 1 of Cocum (slit into thin pieces).
- It’s 2 of green chillies (ground).
- You need 1 small of ginger (ground) or ginger paste can be used.
- It’s 1 of few crushed curry leaves (not mandatoty).
- It’s 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 of salt as required.
Jake's Mussels Stir fried. instructions
- Hi everyone.. i dont cook but i am happy to share some of our ethnic cuisine. This was prepared by my aunt and i had googled for reference as i am not an expert. please forgive me for any mistakes.. i will improve n correct it if you find any ! :-P.
- clean the mussels well and drain the water completely. (yes, after removing the shell).
- now for preparation of marinade, slit cocum, ground green chillies, gingen, crushed curry leaves, turmic powder and salt (as per requirement). Apply marinade on the mussel. Leave it for 30 minutes minimum.
- Boil and cook the marinated mussel with enough water in low heat until the water evaporates fully and mussels are cooked…
- In a pan, heat oil n crack the mustard seed.. (aha.. keep ur face away or you will have permenant acne lol). Add chopped onion, slit green chillies, ginger, garlic and curry leaves. saute well until the onion becomes brown or golden (not charred, please).
- Add chilly powder, coriander powder and pepper powder (i prefer pepper to garam masala). saute the whole thing for a few minutes..
- Add the cooked mussel to the above mixture and stir with a little water (dont add too much, we are not preparing a curry here). keep stirring until mussels are well fried.. (u may add salt or oil if required, according to your taste).
- Serve hot with rice or bread or whatever you like..
- Disclaimer : Like i said i had googled to get the direction steps and exact measurement. The pics are my own. We (my aunt) didnt add green chillies but used a little colourful chillies (pic attached), its more spicy…
- This food is very hot, so in case you dont like spicy food, u can reduce the addition of chillies, pepper and other things in lesser quantity..