Prawns with dry fenugreek leaves. Description of Kasuri Methi, What is Dried Fenugreek Leaves? Kasuri Methi refers to dried leaves of the fenugreek plant. It is an herb with a bitter but addictive taste.
I used to order my fenugreek from a different company. But when I got a batch that smelled so badly of chemicals that I couldn't cook with it and had to throw it out, I switched brands and bought this fenugreek. Dried fenugreek leaves work well alone, or can be combined with other spices like cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, coriander, cumin, fennel seed, garlic, pepper, or turmeric. You can cook Prawns with dry fenugreek leaves using 12 easy ingredients and 3 easy steps. Here is how you cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Prawns with dry fenugreek leaves
- You need Half kg of prawns.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 of big onion.
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes.
- Prepare 4 of green chillies.
- You need 3 tbsn of dry fenugreek leaves.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ginger garlic & chilli paste.
- Prepare 2 tbsn of oil.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsn of chilli powder.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric.
- You need 1 pinch of garam masala powder.
Using Dried Fenugreek Leaves (Kasoori Methi) in Indian Cooking. Dried fenugreek leaves have a very characteristic strong musky curry aroma with a slight bitter taste. This herb works beautifully when flavouring lamb and lentil dishes or dishes with a rich deep sauce. Fenugreek seeds can be used as told above. ▶ Alfalfa/Watercress: You can also use these leafy vegetables if they are available in your neighborhood.
Prawns with dry fenugreek leaves step by step
- First heat oil, add cumin seeds and onion, saute then add ginger garlic and chilli paste mix well for few seconds add the tomatoes and chilli, now add the turmeric and chilli powder and salt, mix well and cook for 2 mins..
- Then add the prawn and cook till done then add the washed dry fenugreek leaves and mix with prawns..
- This I used(pic1)now add 1 pinch of garam masala and mix..now garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot 😊 #newyoutuber #cookpad.
They have a taste that's similar to celery. A wide variety of dry fenugreek leaves options are available to you, such as drying process, processing type, and shape. Do you know that fenugreek leaves have a plethora of health benefits? Fenugreek leaves are used widely for its medicinal benefits to treat diabetes, constipation and even kidney ailments. Apart from the dried leaves, the green leaves and the seeds are also commonly used while cooking.