Vietnamese Fresh Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce. Watch how to make fresh spring rolls in this short recipe video! Making Vietnamese-style spring rolls is easy once you know how to roll the rice papers. Homemade Fresh Summer Rolls with Easy Peanut Dipping Sauce are healthy, adaptable, and make a wonderful light dinner, lunch, or appetizer.
Serve rolled spring rolls with the fish sauce and hoisin sauce mixtures. Spring rolls are my absolute favorite Vietnamese food. Apparently, people have different versions of the dipping sauce. You can have Vietnamese Fresh Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce using 15 easy ingredients and 18 easy steps. This is guide how cook that.
Ingredients of Vietnamese Fresh Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce
- Prepare 10 of Fresh spring roll wrappers.
- You need 50 grams of Cellophane noodles (dried).
- It’s 5 of Green salad leaves (such as lettuce).
- It’s 10 of leaves Shiso leaves.
- You need 1 of several stalks Chinese chives.
- It’s 100 grams of Parboiled chicken or pork.
- You need 1/2 bag of Bean sprouts.
- You need 1 bunch of Herbs (such as cilantro).
- Prepare 1 of Herbs (such as mint or basil) (optional).
- You need 5 of Boiled shrimp.
- You need 100 grams of ◯ Unsweetened peanut butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of ◯ Raw cane sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of ◯ Fish sauce.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ◯ Doubanjiang.
- It’s 1 of ◯ Crushed peanuts (optional).
In our family (and yes, we're Vietnamese), we make a peanut-hoisin dipping sauce. Fresh shrimp spring rolls with a delicious peanut dipping sauce. Fresh spring rolls are one of the easiest types of Vietnamese food to recreate at home. It's a healthy seafood and vegetable appetizer encased in a delicate translucent rice paper wrapper.
Vietnamese Fresh Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce instructions
- Prepare the ingredients: Rinse the vegetables. Trim the tough stem from the shiso leaves, and remove the stringy root ends from the bean sprouts..
- Prepare either the shredded parboiled chicken or sautéed finely sliced pork by lightly seasoning in fish sauce (not listed)..
- Boil the bean thread noodles as instructed, then cut into appropriate lengths. Chop the Chinese chives into thirds..
- Slice the shrimp in half as shown..
- Fill a bowl with water (not listed above) and immerse the wrapper, one at a time, then place it on a dampened cloth..
- Tear a leaf of lettuce in half, place it on the dampened wrapper, then add the shiso, bean sprouts, bean thread noodles, meat, and herbs on top..
- Wrap the ingredients with the lettuce..
- Wrap the fillings tightly wrapped in lettuce with the spring roll wrapper..
- Like this..
- Add the shrimp and Chinese chives, and roll them up. Place the shrimp with their stripes facing down, so that they'll show when wrapped up..
- Here they are wrapped. Look how appetizing they are, with the slices of shrimp showing under the clear wrapper..
- Repeat Steps 5-11 for the other rolls..
- Combine all of the ◯ ingredients, then dilute to your desired consistency with water (not listed). I use about 3 tablespoons water. I recommend this peanut butter..
- This is the consistency I recommend. If you don't have unsweetened peanut butter, the sweetened kind is fine. If using sweetened peanut butter, reduce the added sugar to about 1 tablespoon..
- You could also use store-bought sweet chili sauce (imported from Thailand), but I strongly recommend the peanut sauce..
- Serve it with Vietnamese Namasu (sweet pickles) with Peanut Saucefor a more authentic meal. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/152691-vietnamese-style-namasu.
- This is a photo taken of the fresh spring rolls I had in Vietnam at a food stall They served the peanut sauce with namasu (sweet pickles). It was delightful..
- When I make these fresh spring rolls at home, I make a ton, and eat them up in place of a salad..
Vietnamese Fresh Spring Rolls are full of basil, cilantro, shrimp and veggies and then paired with a slightly spicy Vietnamese peanut sauce. These fresh and healthy Vietnamese spring rolls are made with shrimp, vegetables, herbs, and rice noodles wrapped in rice paper. Serve the spring rolls with peanut sauce, nước chấm, or hoisin sauce. This recipe for Vietnamese-style summer rolls with peanut sauce contains shrimp, noodles, and herbs wrapped up in rice paper. These light and healthy Vietnamese-influenced summer rolls are filled with cooked shrimp, rice noodles, and plenty of fresh herbs and vegetables for flavor and crunch.