Vietnamese Turmeric & Dill Fish ‘Cha ca’.
You can have Vietnamese Turmeric & Dill Fish ‘Cha ca’ using 23 simple ingredients and 4 easy steps. Here is how you achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of Vietnamese Turmeric & Dill Fish ‘Cha ca’
- It’s 180 g of dried rice vermicelli (am using rice instead).
- Prepare 800 g of white fish fillets, sliced into 4cm side strips.
- You need 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lime juice.
- It’s 1 of long red chili, finely sliced.
- Prepare 3 of spring onions, cut into batons.
- It’s 3 of spins of dill, cut into large pieces (remove any large stems).
- You need of Marinade :.
- It’s 1/3 cup of sliced spring onions.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1/4 cup of fish sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of turmeric.
- It’s 1 tsp of curry powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of finely chopped dill.
- You need of Nuoc Cham Dressing :.
- You need 3 tbsp of white sugar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of fish sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of white vinegar.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lime juice.
Vietnamese Turmeric & Dill Fish ‘Cha ca’ instructions
- Soak the vermicelli noodles in just boiled water for 2 minutes or until tender. Drain and divide among serving bowls. Or if you use rice instead, cook the rice as normally..
- For the marinade, use a mortar and pestle to pound the spring onions and garlic to a rough paste. Stir through the remaining ingredients. Pour the marinade into a large bowl. Add the fish and toss to coat..
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large non stick frying pan over medium high heat. Add the fish, spreading the pieces out in the pan. Allow to cook on first side until golden(about 2-3 mins) then gently turn the fish over, sprinkle over 2 tbsp of water. Cover with a lid and cook for 2-3 mins or until fish is just cooked. Scatter over most of the spring onions and dill (leave some for serving). Pour over lime juice and remove from heat..
- Top noodles or rice with fish and the pan juices. Drizzle with nuoc Cham and add more dill or spring onion as needed..