Vietnamese spring rolls. Spring rolls are my absolute favorite Vietnamese food. Apparently, people have different versions of the dipping sauce. In our family (and yes, we're Vietnamese), we make a peanut-hoisin dipping sauce.
In Vietnamese, fresh spring rolls made with rice paper are called gỏi cuốn, translating to "salad Typically, you'll find Vietnamese spring rolls filled with shrimp, vegetables, herbs and rice vermicelli. Fresh Vietnamese spring rolls, also known as goi cuon or summer rolls, make a perfect summer dinner or appetizer. Roll up a batch before the party, or let everyone make their own with their favorite. You can cook Vietnamese spring rolls using 16 simple ingredients and 6 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Vietnamese spring rolls
- Prepare of Rice paper spring roll wrappers.
- Prepare of Selection of crunchy veg – e.g. spring onion, ginger, chilli, cucumber, carrot.
- You need of Cooked chicken/prawns.
- You need of Hot water.
- You need of Dipping sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of malt vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of golden syrup.
- You need of Chopped red chilli.
- You need of Satay dipping sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of peanut butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 of ice crushed garlic.
- You need of Boiling water.
Watch how to make fresh spring rolls in this short recipe video! Making Vietnamese-style spring rolls is easy once you know how to roll the rice papers. I love Vietnamese spring rolls or cha gio in Vietnamese, which roughly means "minced pork rolls." The filling is made of ground pork, shrimp, crab meat, shredded carrots and mung bean noodles. Vietnamese spring roll paper wrappers (Amazon link) are like magic!
Vietnamese spring rolls instructions
- Chop veg and chicken into 5cm long strips.
- Put hot (not boiling) water into a large flat container (e.g. frying pan). Soak spring roll wrappers in hot water until the ‘crispiness’ has gone..
- Place the spring roll wrapper onto a clean chopping board. Place veg and meat and the bottom of the wrapper..
- Roll up from the bottom, tucking in the sides, to make a spring roll..
- To make the dipping sauces, add all ingredients and mix together. Check for seasoning..
- Optional – garnish with coriander and peanuts..
You can buy them at most major grocery stores or Asian markets. They are very thin, dry translucent circular sheets made from rice. How much do you love Vietnamese spring rolls? A trip to San Francisco is not complete without a meal at chef Charles Phan's The Slanted Door, a modern. Vietnamese fresh spring rolls (goi cuon in Vietnamese) are an incredibly easy, fresh version of the classic fried spring roll.