Healthier Vietnamese Egg Rolls (Cha Gio).
You can have Healthier Vietnamese Egg Rolls (Cha Gio) using 18 simple ingredients and 8 simple steps. Learn how to achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Healthier Vietnamese Egg Rolls (Cha Gio)
- You need 2 packages of Egg roll wrapper ( use small ones).
- You need 1 lb of shrimp, deshell, devein, finely chop.
- You need 1 lb of Ground pork.
- Prepare 1 of Chicken breast, diced fine.
- Prepare 1 cup of jicama, chopped fine.
- You need 2 cup of bean sprouts.
- Prepare 3 of red onions, chopped fine.
- You need 4 of carrots, shredded.
- Prepare 2 of green onion, chopped fine.
- It’s 1 tbsp of red boat fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 of egg beaten, set aside to seal egg rolls.
- It’s 1 of avocado, smashed.
- It’s 1 of canola oil for frying.
- It’s 1 bunch of bean thread cut into small pieces. this is optional if you want less carbs.
- You need 1 head of leaf lettuce for garnish.
- It’s 1 bunch of mint for garnish.
- It’s 1 bunch of basil for garnish.
Healthier Vietnamese Egg Rolls (Cha Gio) instructions
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Leave out egg, wrapper, oil, lettuce, basil and mint. Mix well..
- Using the wrapper, place it in a diamond shape facing towards you. Place a tablespoon of the mixture onto the bottom corner..
- Tightly roll the wrapper until it's half way. Fold in right and left corners. The tighter the roll, the less oily it will be..
- Continue rolling until about 1/4 of the way there, brush corner with egg and seal.
- Freeze egg rolls over night as they come out crispier when fried after freezing.
- Heat up a pot of oil (canola) and place frozen egg rolls in hot oil to deep fry making a batch of 5-8 at a time. Fry for 10 min until golden brown and floating up to the surface..
- Place cooked eggrolls on a plate lined with paper towels to let excess oil drain..
- Serve immediately with dipping sauce. I prefer the traditional fish/vinegar sauce combo (nuc mam). I use lettuce, mint, basil to wrap each egg roll and dip it in the sauce..