Vietnamese Clam Soup with Spinach.
You can have Vietnamese Clam Soup with Spinach using 3 easy ingredients and 4 easy steps. Here is how you achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Vietnamese Clam Soup with Spinach
- Prepare 500 g of clams.
- You need 1 of bunch malabar spinach (basella or ceylon spinach).
- It’s of Spices: shallots, seasoning powder, fish sauce.
Vietnamese Clam Soup with Spinach step by step
- Rinse clams and put into a saucepan, pour a big bowl of clean water into the pan and bring to a boil in 2 minutes. Use chopsticks to stir evenly to make the innards come out of the shells. Let boil in 1 more minute then remove from the heat..
- Shallots: crushed and finely chopped. Add 1 teaspoon of cooking oil into a wok and fry shallots until fragrant then add innards of clams to quickly stir-fry in 1 minute (note: do not stir-fry for too long to avoid making the innards chewy and muddy liquid). Remove from heat..
- Strain off the clear liquid into a big bowl. Separate the innards of clams from the liquid and season with 1 teaspoon of seasoning powder..
- Pour the clam boiling liquid into a pan, add some seasoning powder, 1 small teaspoon of fish sauce and bring to a boil. Drop roughly chopped malabar spinach into the pan. Use chopsticks and stir well to fully submerge the spinach. When the liquid boils again, add previously stir-fried clam innards and check if the taste is sweet and fresh. Add some slices of chili to enhance the flavour if you love pungency. Good luck with this recipe!.