Vietnamese Roasted Crab in Salt Crust.
This Delicious Vietnamese Roasted Crab in Salt Crust using 14 simple ingredients and 6 simple steps. This is guide how cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Vietnamese Roasted Crab in Salt Crust
- Prepare 4 of whole fresh crabs.
- Prepare 5-6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 3 teaspoons of sugar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of seasoning powder.
- It’s 3 teaspoons of sesame oil.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of oyster sauce.
- You need 3 teaspoons of vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need of Some cooking oil or fat.
- You need How to make salt mixture: of rice, glutinous rice, peeled mung beans, 1 pinch of roasted coarse sea salt, pound and sieve in advance and set aside in a jar to use later in other roasted salt recipes.
- It’s 5 roots of lemongrass.
- Prepare 3 of cayenne peppers.
- Prepare 1 knob of knob ginger.
Vietnamese Roasted Crab in Salt Crust instructions
- Slice cayenne pepper and lemon grass, julienne ginger, fry all in boiling cooking oil until golden brown, drain oil and set aside..
- Rinse crabs, lift and detach the carapace (outer shell) and set aside. Discard the abdomen and gills. Pound the big claws. Crack crabs into halves..
- Mix all the spices together: vinegar, sugar, salt, oyster sauce, sesame oil, seasoning powder, black pepper, minced garlic..
- Put a skillet over the heat (a small and deep pot can help save oil/fat), wait until the oil/fat really boils, add pieces of crabs in and fry until fully cooked then transfer to a paper towel-lined plate..
- Use a big skillet, add some cooking oil or fat, heat until it really boils, add the spice mixture in step 3 in and toss evenly then pour the fried crabs into the skillet and stir thoroughly until spices are fully absorbed, stir-fry over high heat in about 10 minutes then turn off the heat..
- Add fried lemon grass, ginger, cayenne pepper and previously processed salt to shake well together. Finally, transfer to a serving plate and garnish with lettuce and cucumber. Served with salt, sugar, black pepper and lime dipping sauce. Or mix chili sauce to dip as desired..