Vietnamese Inspired Tuna Salad. Andrew Zimmern's raw seafood salad is a terrific mix of tuna, tomatoes, onion, celery and hearts of palm with a spicy lime dressing. I first tasted this dish on the island of Cat Hai, off the Vietnamese coast, a place well known to food geeks as the birthplace of nuoc mam, the world's best fish sauce. Tuna Salad with a Kick. "Just whipped it up for lunch—super easy and so yummy!
It's wonderful on its own or with proteins. ½ cup roasted, salted peanuts, roughly chopped. Vietnamese Dressing. grilled fish, shrimp, tuna, chicken, or tofu for serving (optional). Vietnamese Inspired Salad With Shirataki Noodles. You can have Vietnamese Inspired Tuna Salad using 7 simple ingredients and 4 simple steps. This is guide how achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Vietnamese Inspired Tuna Salad
- You need 3 of medium sized Japanese Cucumber.
- You need of Pickled carrots.
- You need of Peanuts.
- You need 1 of canned Tuna.
- You need 3 tbs of fish sauce.
- It’s 2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare of Salt and Pepper.
Who says you need mayo for a tuna salad? Here's an Asian inspired tuna salad with radishes, green onions, and shredded carrots, dressed with rice vinegar and sesame oil. Great chilled or at room temperature. Learn to make delicious, flavorful and low cholesterol tuna salad without mayonnaise.
Vietnamese Inspired Tuna Salad instructions
- Start with roasting the peanuts on a pan over low heat for 3 minutes..
- Then, in a large bowl, mix the diced cucumbers, picked carrots and sliced red chilli..
- Drain the water from the tuna and mix into the bowl..
- Add the pickled carrots and roasted peanuts, fish sauce, sugar, salt and pepper. Mix well and ready to serve..
Fried tofu turns this Vietnamese-inspired slaw into more of a meal. Lemony Asparagus Salad With Shaved Cheese and Nuts. Pasta With Tuna, Capers and Scallions. Tuna macaroni salad holds a special place in my heart. It reminds me of big summertime cookouts and family reunions in Elberton.