Easy Juicy Steamed Pork Buns (Nikuman).
You can have Easy Juicy Steamed Pork Buns (Nikuman) using 18 easy ingredients and 14 easy steps. Learn how to cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Juicy Steamed Pork Buns (Nikuman)
- Prepare 234 grams of Cake flour.
- You need 34 grams of Bread (strong) flour.
- It’s 4 grams of Instant dry yeast.
- Prepare 40 grams of White sugar.
- It’s 2 7/10 grams of Salt.
- You need 120 grams of Lukewarm water (about 85˚F/30˚C ).
- Prepare of The filling:.
- It’s 200 grams of Ground pork.
- Prepare 40 grams of Cooked bamboo shoots (canned).
- It’s 2 of Dried shiitake mushrooms.
- You need 30 grams of Japanese leek.
- Prepare 1 piece of Ginger.
- You need 16 of Peeled shrimp.
- You need 1 tsp of Chinese soup stock.
- It’s 50 ml of Boiling water.
- Prepare 2 grams of Powdered gelatin.
- It’s 2 tsp of Sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of each Soy sauce, sake, katakuriko.
Easy Juicy Steamed Pork Buns (Nikuman) instructions
- Make the bun. In a bowl, mix the dough ingredients..
- When it forms a ball, knead on a clean surface. Knead or fold gently several times, taking care not to rip the dough. Repeat until the surface of the dough is smooth, about 15 minutes..
- Cover with a moistened and wrung out kitchen towel, and leave to rest in a warm place for 30 minutes to an hour..
- Make the filling. Dissolve the Chinese soup stock in 50 ml of boiling water. Add the gelatin and let it absorb the water. Microwave and dissolve the gelatin. Chill and harden the jelly in the refrigerator..
- Roughly chop the bamboo shoots, rehydrated shiitake mushrooms and leeks. Finely chop the ginger. Combine the chopped up ingredients and the ground pork until the meat is sticky. Add the seasoning ingredients..
- Add the jelly from Step 4 to the meat filling and mix. Add the katakuriko and mix well..
- Divide the meat filling into 8 portions and roll into balls..
- Divide the rested dough into 8 portions, and roll each one gently into a ball. Cover with a moistened kitchen towel and let rest for 15 minutes..
- To form the buns: Roll each dough into a 10 cm circle. Thin out the edges, until the circle is 12 cm. If the rolled out dough shrinks back, cover with a moistened kitchen towel again and let it rest for a bit..
- Center a meat filling on the dough circle, and add 2 shrimps on top. Wrap the filling..
- Make little pleats as you wrap. If this is difficult for you, close up the bun and turn it over so you have the smooth side on top..
- Cut parchment paper into 10 cm squares, and put a bun on each piece. Put the buns in a steamer, and leave to rise again for about 15 minutes. Bring water to a boil to use for steaming..
- Brush the buns with a 1:1 mixture of sugar and water to make them shiny. This is optional. Steam the buns for 15 to 20 minutes..
- Soft and fluffy meat buns! Enjoy while piping hot..