Juicy Nikuman (Steamed Pork Buns) in a Bread Maker.
You can cook Juicy Nikuman (Steamed Pork Buns) in a Bread Maker using 18 easy ingredients and 10 easy steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Juicy Nikuman (Steamed Pork Buns) in a Bread Maker
- It’s of <Dough>.
- Prepare 200 of grams, 100 grams Cake flour, Bread flour.
- It’s 45 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Dried yeast.
- It’s 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Skim milk powder (if you have some on hand).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- Prepare 150 ml of Lukewarm water.
- You need of Seasonings.
- You need 2 tbsp of ●Soy sauce.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of ●Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of each ●Oyster sauce, sesame oil, ginger juice.
- You need 1 dash of ●Salt and pepper.
- It’s 200 grams of Pork sliced and chopped.
- You need 1/2 of Onion (small).
- It’s 4 of Shiitake mushrooms.
- It’s 15 of cm worth Green onions.
Juicy Nikuman (Steamed Pork Buns) in a Bread Maker instructions
- Put all the ingredients for the bun dough into your bread machine. Be sure to put the sugar and the yeast in together, and put the salt in to the side so that it doesn't touch the yeast..
- Set the bread maker for the first rising, and allow the dough to rise. It takes about 1.5 hours. The dough is ready when it has doubled in size..
- While the dough is rising, prepare the ingredients for the filling. Dice all of the vegetables into 1 cm chunks. Mix the seasonings, meat, and chopped vegetables, and knead them together..
- Divide the filling into 10 portions, shape them into balls, and refrigerate. I took 4 of the meat balls and decided to try making them curry flavored by mixing them with some leftover curry that I had..
- Divide the risen dough into 10 portions and shape them into balls. Each ball will weigh about 50 g..
- Use a rolling pin to roll the dough balls out into circles like this. The center should be a little thicker, and the edges will be on the thin side..
- Set the balls of filling into the rolled out dough circles, and, making little pleats as you go, wrap the dough up and close it tightly. If you don't pinch them tightly, the buns will come open when steaming..
- They should look like this. Cut out 10 x 10 cm squares of parchment paper and set each bun on a square..
- Set the buns into a steamer, spacing them apart. Steam for 15 minutes. Do NOT open the lid when steaming!.
- Look how big they got! One of the buns came open…you can see the meat juices inside. Eat with spicy mustard and soy sauce..