Chicken and Chorizo Paella. This chicken and chorizo paella is a flavor party in a skillet. An easy paella recipe, made in a cast iron skillet to get that crispy rice on the bottom and filled with delicious vegetables. Is there anything better then going to a festival/party and they have someone with one of those GIANT paella pan's!?
This chicken and chorizo paella is a hearty sharing dish that's easy to cook and serve in one dish. Heat the oil in a large, lidded, heatproof pan or paella pan. Fry the chicken until the pieces are evenly browned. You can have Chicken and Chorizo Paella using 12 simple ingredients and 6 easy steps. This is guide how achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Chicken and Chorizo Paella
- You need 2 of Chicken Breasts (diced).
- Prepare 100 grams of Chorizo (sliced).
- It’s 250 grams of Risotto (or Paella) Rice.
- It’s 1 of Litre Chicken Stock (replace some of the stock with a glass of white wine if you're a legend).
- You need 1 of Onion (diced).
- You need 2 of Peppers (diced).
- Prepare 1 stick of Celery (sliced).
- You need 1 of Tomato.
- You need 3 clove of Garlic (finely sliced).
- Prepare 1 pinch of Saffron.
- You need 1 tbsp of Chopped Parsley (or dried).
- You need 1 tsp of Smoked Paprika.
This simple chicken chorizo paella may not be the way a purist in Spain might do it, and we're no strangers to making it the traditional way, in the special paella pan we schlepped over from Spain-lots of stirring, saffron, and anxiety-ridden hovering. If you really want to go the authentic route, you can. This easy version of the traditional Spanish rice dish features both chicken and chorizo sausage mixed in with the rice, peas and tomato. Instead of traditional seafood paella, try this simple One Pot Chicken & Chorizo Paella recipe.
Chicken and Chorizo Paella step by step
- Skin and de-seed the tomato. The easiest way to do this is to to make a cross in the skin at the bottom and then plop it in a bowl of boiling water for 3-4 minutes, turning it over every now and again. Pour away the water and when it's cool enough, peel off the skin. Quarter the tomatoes, squish out the seeds and then dice the flesh..
- Get a large frying pan on a medium heat with some olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken and fry it for 5 minutes or so, until golden. Remove from the pan and set aside..
- Add the rice to the pan that was used for the chicken (add more oil if needed) and fry for 3-4 minutes, stirring continuously, until the rice turns translucent. Remove form the pan and set aside with the chicken..
- Add the sliced chorizo to the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes until it starts to release it's oil. Then add the onion, celery, peppers, garlic and tomato. Fry for a further 3-4 minutes until the vegetables are beginning to soften..
- Add the rice and chicken back to the pan along with the stock, saffron, parsley and smoked paprika. Stir it all together. Turn the heat to low and leave to cook for 20-30 minutes – stirring occasionally – until most of the liquid has been absorbed..
- Serve and enjoy! :).
This hearty family dinner is a flavorful, one-pot meal Paella is one of my favorite things in the world, but I can't always get fresh seafood where I am, so I created this fish-free version that is packed with flavor. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Stir the chicken and chorizo into the rice; season. Scatter with the peas; cook, without stirring, until the rice is al dente and forms a. Seafood-and-Chicken Paella with Chorizo. © Cedric Angeles.