Paella. Nourishing, vibrant, and without pretension, paella has held a place of honor and practicality in Spanish homes for centuries. Paella is a typical Spanish recipe and is traditionally cooked in a "paellera" – a round flat pan with two In many Spanish villages, especially in coastal areas, they use a giant paellera to cook a paella on. This Classic Spanish Paella rivals any restaurant Paella!
Types of paella include, Valencian paella, vegetable paella (Spanish: paella de verduras), seafood paella (Spanish: paella de mariscos), and mixed paella (Spanish: paella mixta), among many others. Paella is a traditional Spanish dish made by cooking Calasparra rice with saffron, stock and a Take your pick of our easy paella recipes – from chicken and chorizo paella, to seafood or vegetarian paella. Paella mixta: mixed meat and seafood. This Appetizing Paella using 10 easy ingredients and 12 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of Paella
- You need 4 of chicken breasts.
- You need 1 of chorizo sausage.
- You need 1 of large onion.
- It’s 1 of red and yellow pepper.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 1 of tomato.
- Prepare 1 pack of schwarts spanish smoked paprika chicken sauce pack.
- You need 4 tsp of paprika if you cant get the schwarts pack.
- You need 1 of chicken stock.
- It’s 1/3 packages of just under of a pack of paella rice.
Fideuàis: a Paella that uses Simpler versions of Paella are called "un arroz" ("a rice"). These recipes are mostly rice with very few. Read the Seafood Paella recipe, the iconic Spanish dish. Paella is a traditional dish of Spain.
Paella step by step
- Dice and pre cook the chicken in a large pan with a little oil..
- Welst the chicken cooks cut the peppers, onion and tomatos into dice and pre crush the garlic..
- Put the stock into a jug and add boiling water (about 3/4 of water to a medium size jug) and leave to one side..
- Cut the chorizo into thin slices and put into the same pan used to cook the chicken..
- Add a little oil and cook for 5 minutes just to bring out the oils in the chorizo. Then re-add the chicken and mix..
- Add the schwarts pack (or paprika) to the chicken and mix till everything is coverd..
- Add the pepper, onion, garlic and tomato into the mixture then cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the paella rice into the mixture and cook for a further 7 minutes then add the stock..
- Stir and turn down the heat to low and put a lid on to the pan..
- Cook for an hour or so till 3/4 of the liquid has gone..
- Welst cooking keep checking every 10 minutes and stir regularly in till cooked..
- Serve with garlic bread..
Its home is Valencia, but variations exist in the different Spanish Traditionally, the paella is cooked out of doors, over a wood fire. To make a paella, first sauté meats. Ok before you shout at us, recipes for paella differ from region to region, and this seafood-free version is Omar's take on the classic Paella Valenciana. Remember, paella is a blank canvas. For millions of holiday makers, the high pound does mean cheaper margaritas and paellas.