Paella Valenciana (Tradicional Valencian Paella).
You can cook Paella Valenciana (Tradicional Valencian Paella) using 12 easy ingredients and 12 easy steps. Here is how you achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Paella Valenciana (Tradicional Valencian Paella)
- Prepare 500 g of Valencian Paella Rice (Arroz Bomba).
- You need 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil.
- It’s 1 L of chicken stock.
- It’s 500 g of chicken thighs chopped into small pieces.
- It’s 2 of large ripe tomatoes grated.
- You need 2 Cloves of Garlic finley chopped.
- You need Pinch of Saffron.
- You need Bunch of rosemary.
- You need 100 g of Fine green beans finely cut.
- It’s 1 of lemon cut into wedges.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of smoked paprika.
Paella Valenciana (Tradicional Valencian Paella) instructions
- On a paella dish or in a large pan, heat up the olive oil to a medium high heat. Fry the chicken until well browned and caramelised..
- Add the garlic and fry for a minute or two..
- Add the grated tomato and cook down until it becomes thick and coats all the chicken..
- Next add the green beans and fry for a few minutes untill the start to take some colour..
- At this point, you can add the rice and fry for a few minutes..
- Add the paprika's and the saffron..
- Now add the chicken stock. Taste and season well with salt. Add more salt than you think you will need as the rice will reduce reduce the saltiness of the stock..
- Add the rosemary and bring to the boil and then reduce the heat to minimum..
- From now on don't touch it. Stand by it for the next 15 to 20 minutes. Remove the rosemary and keep cooking untill the rice is cooked through and you start to smell burning coming from the center of the pan. This is normal and you want it as this is what we call sucrado. It's one of the distinguishing factors of traditional paella..
- At this point you wan to take it off the heat, lay some more rosemary on top and cover with foil..
- Rest for 15 to 20 minutes..
- Garnish with the lemon wedges and serve..