You can have Vegetable Paella using 19 easy ingredients and 12 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Vegetable Paella
- Prepare 1 of Eggplant.
- It’s 1 can of artichoke.
- It’s 1 can of black olives.
- Prepare 1 jar of green olives.
- It’s 1 of small package of cherry tomatoes.
- You need 1 of sweet pepper.
- Prepare Half of an onion.
- It’s Half of a pound of string beans.
- Prepare 1 tbls of tumeric.
- You need 2 cups of vegetable stock or 2 cubes of vegetable bouillon to 2 cups of water.
- You need 1 of and 1/4 cup of rice.
- Prepare of Fresh parsley.
- It’s 2 of small dried bay leaves.
- Prepare of Fresh thyme.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic.
- You need 2 packages of sazon flavoring.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of oregano.
- It’s Half of a lemon.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of corn oil.
Vegetable Paella step by step
- Cut up garlic cloves and save half of the portion for rice and the other half for the vegetables.
- Dice onion and peppers and set aside.
- Cut up all other vegetables (in proportion to the size you want them) and combine in a large bowl.
- Set a Paella pan or wok to a medium flame. Add one teaspoon of oil. Add garlic and onion then cook it for approx. 1-2 minutes.
- Add all vegetables (including olives) except the pepper. Season vegetables with sazon. Mix well and then cover the pan for 5 minutes..
- After 5 minutes remove vegetables from pan and set aside.
- Add the second teaspoon of oil to the pan. Then add the next two cloves of garlic. Then add the red pepper.
- Place two vegetable bouillons in the pan (or 2 cups of vegetable stock) and then add 2 cups of water. Season with tumeric, paprika, oregano, thyme and bay leaf. Stir well.
- Squeeze half a lemon over liquid.
- Once the water has a low boil, add 1 and 1/4 cup of washed rice, and parsley. Mix ingredients well..
- Allow some of the water to boil off and then cover the rice. Let cook for 10 minutes..
- Place all vegetables on top of the rice. Cover and cook for 8 minutes..