Instant Pot Shrimp curry.
This Perfect Instant Pot Shrimp curry using 16 easy ingredients and 12 simple steps. Learn how to achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Shrimp curry
- It’s 2 tbsp of Coconut oil.
- It’s 12 oz of pkt Raw medium-large shrimp(Peeled and deveined).
- It’s 1 of Small onion sliced.
- You need 1 of Medium Tomato chopped.
- Prepare 1 of lemon sized tamarind soaked in 1/2 cup water (optional).
- It’s 1 of stem Curry leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of Black Mustard seeds.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of Coconut cream.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of Kashmiri Red Chilly powder(bright color and less heat).
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp. of Coriander powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Cumin powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Fenugreek powder.
- It’s 2 cups of water.
Instant Pot Shrimp curry step by step
- Thaw and Clean the shrimp thoroughly and remove the tail..
- Keep the IP on sauté mode and once hot, add the oil followed by mustard seeds,curryleaves, fenugreek powder and ginger garlic paste. Stir well so that it doesnt burn or stick to the pot..
- Add onion slices and chopped tomatoes along with salt and turmeric.Sauté for 3-4 mins until the onions are translucent..
- Meanwhile prepare a thick paste of Red chilly powder,cumin powder and coriander powder with 2 tbsp water.(this will prevent burning of spices when directly added to the pot).
- Add the spice paste to the onion masala and stir well for a minute and add the tamarind piece along with few tbsp water so that nothing burns or sticks to the bottom of the inner pot..
- Once oil starts separating from the masala,add 2 cups water and close the IP with a glass lid.Let the curry continue simmering for 2 minutes on sauté mode..
- Now add the cleaned shrimp,stir well and close the Insant Pot. Set the pressure cook mode for 3 minutes..
- Once done,open the lid after 10 min natural steam release. Keep the IP on sauté mode again and stir the curry and add in the coconut cream..
- Let the gravy simmer for 3-4 mins and when it reaches the desired consistency, turn off the IP. Check the salt and transfer to serving dish/let it sit in the IP on 'keep warm' mode.
- Serve the curry with Rice or Roti..
- TIP#You can substitute Kashmiri redchilly powder with Paprika too. You can get them at any Indian grocery stores..
- TIP# You can use this curry recipe for scallops or prawns too..