Fish Tacos (beer battered cod w/ mango salsa, chipotle mayo, red cabbage, cilantro).
This Delicious Fish Tacos (beer battered cod w/ mango salsa, chipotle mayo, red cabbage, cilantro) using 19 easy ingredients and 9 easy steps. Learn how to cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Fish Tacos (beer battered cod w/ mango salsa, chipotle mayo, red cabbage, cilantro)
- Prepare of Flour.
- You need of Corn Starch.
- You need of Baking Powder.
- It’s of Paprika.
- It’s of Cayenne Pepper.
- Prepare of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare of Onion Powder.
- It’s of Salt Pepper.
- It’s of Egg.
- You need of Beer.
- You need of White Fish.
- It’s of Red Cabbage.
- You need of Mango Salsa (mango, pineapple, onion, tomatoes, red pepper, ginger, lime, cilantro).
- You need of Cilantro.
- You need of Chipotles.
- You need of Mayo.
- Prepare of Sour Cream.
- Prepare of Lime.
- It’s of Corn Tortillias.
Fish Tacos (beer battered cod w/ mango salsa, chipotle mayo, red cabbage, cilantro) step by step
- Add together dry ingredients: 3/4 cup of flour, 1/4 cup of corn starch, 1 tsp of baking power, 1 tbsp paprika, 1 tsp of cayenne pepper, 2 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper. Whisk together..
- Add egg and whisk and add 1 cup of beer (modelo/or a light beer). Add this to the dry ingredients and whisk all together. Let this batter sit for 1-2 hours before cooking..
- Slice fish into proper sizes for the tacos. Let them dry on paper towels in the fridge..
- Prepare toppings. Slice Red Cabbage, prepare mango salsa and make the chipotle mayo..
- Chipotle mayo: add 2-3 chipotles from can to 1 and 1/2 cup of mayo, 1/2 cup of sour cream, 1 tsp of lime juice. Blend together. **can substitute hot sauce for chipotles..
- Heat corn tortillas in a pan on the stove in some oil to wake them up..
- Heat oil to 350-375 F..
- Add fish to batter and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until the batter is golden brown. Let dry on baking rack or paper towels.
- Add all together and enjoy a simple and tasty taco! Top with some lime and cilantro!.