Potato pancakes with smoked salmon. Although Wolfgang Puck is best known for putting smoked salmon, caviar and dill-flecked crème fraîche on his designer pizzas, he also loves this trio of toppings with his exceptionally crispy potato pancakes, a dish he makes frequently when cooking at home. Drain in a colander and rinse under cold running water to stop the cooking. Top each pancake with a dollop of the crème fraîche and a few slivers of salmon.
Mix with the eggs and flour. Serve potato pancakes with arugula, smoked salmon and creme fraiche mixture. Add the potatoes and cook until soft. This Delicious Potato pancakes with smoked salmon using 11 easy ingredients and 9 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Potato pancakes with smoked salmon
- You need 1 lb of potatoes (I think I used Russet).
- You need 1 of small onion.
- You need 1/2 of of a beaten egg.
- Prepare 1 tbs of flour.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Frying oil.
- You need of Smoked salmon.
- You need of Sour cream.
- Prepare of Capers.
- It’s of Fresh dill.
- It’s of Lemon wedges.
Drain well and return to pan, add milk and mash well. Stir in potato flour and gradually add the whole egg Place the pancakes on a serving plate and top with the salmon, poached eggs, salad and horseradish cream. Garnish with the lemon juice and dill drizzle. This is such a gorgeous finger food idea.
Potato pancakes with smoked salmon step by step
- Shred the potatoes and onion into a bowl (I use a box grater)..
- Mix the grated potatoes and onion together, then squeeze the mix hard to get rid of as much moisture as you can (I do this by hand in batches)..
- Thoroughly mix the flour and 1/2 the beaten egg into the potato and onion mix. Season to taste..
- Heat the oil over high heat. I use soy bean oil and fill the saute pan with enough oil to cover the bottom of the saute pan with about 1/4 inch..
- Mold the mix into balls using your hands, place the balls in the oil, then press with a spatula to flatten them a bit..
- Cook on both sides until crispy and brown..
- Remove the pancakes from the oil and place on paper towels or metal drip rack to remove grease..
- Top with salmon, sour cream, dill, and capers, garnish plate with lemon wedges, and serve while pancakes are still warm..
- Bask in girlfriend's appreciation..
These hot potato pancakes are crispy and wonderful for brunch with slices of smoked salmon and cool sour cream. Add capers and dill for colour and some traditional Scandinavian flavour. Spread each portion into thin pancakes. Ideal brunch recipe with potato pancakes and smoked salmon and caviar. Continue with the rest of the batter, adding more oil as necessary.