Seafood Bisque. I adapted several recipes to come up with this rich bisque. It's great as a first course or an entree We live on the Gulf Coast, where fresh seafood is plentiful. I adapted several recipes to come up with this.
Bisque is a smooth, creamy, highly seasoned soup of French origin, classically based on a strained broth (coulis) of crustaceans. It can be made from lobster, langoustine, crab, shrimp, or crayfish. Alongside chowder, bisque is one of the most popular seafood soups. You can have Seafood Bisque using 14 simple ingredients and 9 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve that.
Ingredients of Seafood Bisque
- It’s 1/2 cup of minced shallot.
- It’s 1/2 lb of butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 quart of water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chicken base.
- Prepare 14 oz of baby clam in juice.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of uncooked shrimp.
- Prepare 1/3 lb of cod in one piece.
- Prepare 1/3 lb of salmon in one piece.
- You need 2/3 lb of cooked crab meat, chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1 cup of half and half.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sherry wine.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
This makes a to die for super rich seafood bisque, chocked full of seafood such as shrimp, crab, salmon, clams and cod and is lower carb than. Outrageously good seafood bisque inspired by Provencal flavors, with saffron, tomato, and mild, white fish. Bisque is a smooth, creamy, flavorful French soup that's traditionally made with a strained broth made with seafood like lobster, crab or shrimp. Special occasions call for extraordinary soups like this rich and creamy shrimp bisque.
Seafood Bisque step by step
- Sauté minced shallots in butter until soft..
- Add the flour and stir with whisk for 5 minutes on low heat, set aside..
- Bring one quart of water to a boil and add chicken base, clams, crab, shrimp and whole pieces of salmon and cod..
- Return to boil, lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes..
- Strain the stock, reserving the seafood..
- Stir the shallot mixture into the stock..
- Add the heavy cream and half and half to the stock, bring to a simmer on low heat and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes..
- Chunk the salmon and cod and add all of the seafood back into the soup pot..
- Add the sherry and heat through, no more than 3 minutes..
The Seafood Bisque recipe out of our category Lobster! Who in this world does not love a delicious bisque. Since I don't have a recipe of my own I searched the internet. Started with a basic version Idea with a. Share: Rate this Recipe A Simple Seafood Bisque.