Our Homemade Authentic Kimchi.
This Yummy Our Homemade Authentic Kimchi using 17 simple ingredients and 11 easy steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Our Homemade Authentic Kimchi
- Prepare 3 of whole Chinese cabbage.
- You need 1/3 of A) Daikon.
- You need 2 of whole A) Carrots.
- You need 1 1/2 of bunches A) Chinese chives.
- Prepare 200 grams of B) Red chili peppers (coarsely ground).
- Prepare 100 grams of B) Red chili peppers (finely ground).
- Prepare 2 of C) Apples.
- Prepare 170 grams of C) Garlic.
- Prepare 1 piece of C) Ginger.
- It’s 100 ml of C) Honey.
- Prepare 80 grams of C) Sugar.
- It’s 1 packages of C) Cut kombu.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of C) White sesame seeds.
- It’s 2 packages of Dashi stock granules.
- Prepare 400 grams of Salt.
- It’s 1 3/8 liter of Water.
- It’s 400 grams of Salt-fermented shrimp paste.
Our Homemade Authentic Kimchi instructions
- A freshly picked cabbage is hard to cut through, so let it rest in a dark place for about half a day. Once wilted a little, cut into 6 to 8 pieces..
- Sprinkle salt on the cabbage cores and start filling the barrel with them. Once filled, cover with about 1.5 times the weight of the 10 kg of cabbage..
- During the winter, all the liquid should come out within a day..
- Take out the cabbage and rinse well with water..
- Squeeze out the liquid piece by piece and let sit for a while. Then, squeeze out the liquid once more from the core to the leaves..
- Finely julienne the daikon and carrots marked with A). Cut the A) chives into 3 cm pieces..
- Bring 1.4 liter of water to a boil and add the dashi granules. Once cooled, add in the C) ingredients, apples, garlic, grated ginger. Add in the B) ingredients and shrimp paste..
- Mix well and let sit for about 30 minutes. Add in the A) ingredients and mix together. Now you have the yangnyeom sauce..
- Take the cabbage pieces from Step 5 and smear the yangnyeom sauce between each leaf..
- Arrange the cabbage pieces in a container..
- To seal off air, cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator. It will be ready to eat in 3 days at the earliest, depending on your preference..