QQ Tteokbokki (korean rice cake). Dried anchovies, dried kelp, eggs, fish cakes, green onion, hot pepper flakes, hot pepper paste, rice cake, sugar, water. Make popular Korean street food at your home. These spicy rice cakes are super delicious, umami rich and highly addictive!
Tteokbokki – Spicy Rice Cake Recipe. Ingredients are adjustable and listed below in my Recipe Card -. And it should look something like this: Tteokbokki (Korean spicy rice cake) is done! This Appetizing QQ Tteokbokki (korean rice cake) using 12 easy ingredients and 7 simple steps. Here is how you cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of QQ Tteokbokki (korean rice cake)
- You need of Tteokbokki dough ingredients.
- It’s 2.5 cups of glutinous powder.
- It’s 0.5 cup of rice powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of sesame oil.
- It’s of Sauce ingredients.
- It’s 100 gm of anchovies.
- Prepare 2 dl of water.
- Prepare 4 tablespoon of gochujang (korean chili paste).
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
In this version, we sear the chewy rice cakes until the outsides are crisp before tossing them in the spicy-sweet gochujang sauce. It's impossible to resist the flavor-texture combo of this supremely satisfying Korean snack food—a riffable dish found as often in street food stalls as in home kitchens. How to Make Korean Tteokbokki – Spicy Rice Cake Stir Fry. Fire up a wok, add the water water and bring it to the boil with the dashi stock powder.
QQ Tteokbokki (korean rice cake) step by step
- Mixed the dough ingredients slowly by adding the water. Knead it until become medium soft dough texture. Let it rest aside and prepare for steam..
- Ready the steamer. Brush the sesame oil on the steamer plate to avoid the dough stick on it. When the steamer water is boiling, put in then dough in the flat shape on the steamer plate. Steamed for 25min..
- While the rice dough is steaming. Start to make the sauce..
- Use a small cooking pot. Add in the water, boiled it up. After boil, add in the anchovies (to make broth). Boiled for 10min then remove the anchovies from the water. Next, put in the rest of the sauce ingredients. Continue stir and cook until it becomes thicker texture in medium heat (take around 15min). Then turn off the heat..
- After 25min, take out the cooked dough. Put it aside for cooling..
- After 10min, cut the dough into few pieces. And start to roll them into small sticks size(as we prefer)..
- Put the ready cut Tteokbokki (rice cake) into a small bowl, next add in the Tteokbokki sauce ontop… Then is done❤️ tips: taste much better topping with roasted sesame seeds..
This fiery tteokbokki recipe features mouthwatering Korean chilli flakes, gochujang spice paste and dashi stock, smothered over chewy rice cakes. Tteok (Korean rice cakes, also spelled dduk or toppoki) are available in Asian markets. For this dish, the traditional shape is long cylinders; cut them crosswise in half before cooking. If using dried tteok, cook according to package directions and do not soak. Korean street food is famous for flavor and this spicy tteokbokki doesn't disappoint: Chewy garaetteok (rice cakes) are cooked in chile paste and soy sauce.