This Appetizing Tofu Jjigae using 16 simple ingredients and 9 easy steps. Here is how you cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Tofu Jjigae
- Prepare 150 grams of Thinly sliced pork belly.
- Prepare 1/2 of Onion.
- It’s 200 grams of Kimchi.
- It’s 150 grams of Tofu.
- You need 1/2 of Japanese leek.
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of Chinese chives.
- It’s 800 ml of Water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ＊Sesame oil.
- You need 2/3 tsp of ＊ Grated garlic.
- Prepare 3 tsp of ＊ Doubanjiang.
- You need 2 tsp of ＊Oyster sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ★ Beef Dashida.
- You need 1 tsp of ★ Chinese soup stock.
- Prepare 7 of to 8 shakes ★ Umami seasoning.
- You need 2 tsp of Miso.
- You need 2 tsp of Sesame oil to finish.
Tofu Jjigae step by step
- Cut up the pork into bite sized pieces. Put the pork into a bowl with the ＊ ingredients and mix well..
- Cut the chives into 5 cm pieces. Slice the onion. Cut the tofu into bite sized cubes, and slice the leek diagonally..
- Heat 1 tablespoon of sesame oil in a frying pan and stir fry the pork mixture from Step 1 until the color of the meat changes..
- Add the onion and kimchi and continue stir frying until the onion is transparent. Add the ★ ingredients and stir fry for an additional 2 to 3 minutes..
- Add the water and bring to a boil. Add the tofu, skim off the scum and dissolve in the miso. Simmer for about 5 minutes..
- Add the leek and simmer briefly. Drizzle on the remaining 2 teaspoons of sesame oil. Add the chives; when they have wilted, it's done..
- The kind of kimchi that uses squid innards or fish sauce tends to be a lot tastier. Usually you'd add kimchi that has gone sour..
- This is Dashida. You can buy it online or from Korean grocery stores. The flavor just isn't right without this..
- The jjigae tastes even better the next day..