Mul (Water) Kimchi Instant Pickles.
You can have Mul (Water) Kimchi Instant Pickles using 12 simple ingredients and 8 simple steps. Here is how you achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Mul (Water) Kimchi Instant Pickles
- Prepare 8 of cm Daikon radish.
- Prepare 4 of cm Carrot.
- It’s 1 of Cucumber.
- Prepare 2 of Myoga ginger.
- You need 1 clove of Garlic.
- You need 1 slice of Sliced ginger.
- You need 1 tsp of Red chili powder (optional).
- You need 1 tsp of Kombu tea or kombu based dashi stock.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of Sugar.
- You need 1/2 of to 1 tablespoon Vinegar.
- Prepare 300 ml of Mineral water (spring water, etc).
Mul (Water) Kimchi Instant Pickles step by step
- If you grate the garlic and ginger they will cloud up the brine, so slice them thinly instead. Cut all the other vegetables into 4 cm long strips..
- Cut the myoga ginger in half into diagonal strips. It's also delicious with Japanese parsley, wageki scallions, Chinese chives, etc..
- Combine all the vegetables you're going to pickle and apply salt. Mix together well and let it sit for a while until they begin to dehydrate..
- Once they have begun to dehydrate, apply the kombu kelp tea, red chili powder, sugar, and vinegar. Mix well and let it all blend together for 10-20 minutes..
- It's ok to use regular water, but since you can drink the pickling juice from the mul kimchi, it'll be even tastier if you use high quality water. Store in the refrigerator and add the water just before you eat it!.
- Adding ice when you present it at the table can really improve the presentation. As for the chili pepper, you can also use small round slices, but in that case only use a small amount!.
- [Additional] As these are instant pickles, it's different than fermented mul kimchi. However if you let it sit for a few days, it will ferment and become the real deal!.
- Daikon radish and pear mul kimchi https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/156050-radish-and-pear-mul-water-kimchi.