Delicious Oysters with Chili Pepper Sauce in Under 5 Minutes.
You can have Delicious Oysters with Chili Pepper Sauce in Under 5 Minutes using 12 easy ingredients and 16 easy steps. Here is how you achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of Delicious Oysters with Chili Pepper Sauce in Under 5 Minutes
- It’s 1 of pack Sashimi grade oysters.
- Prepare 2 small of handfuls Green onions (finely chopped).
- It’s 10 of cm White part of a Japanese leek.
- Prepare 1 large of thumb-sized piece Ginger (grated).
- You need 1 of tiny bit Garlic.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Toasted sesame seeds.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Korean chili pepper (powdered).
- It’s 2 tbsp of Vinegar.
- You need 2 tsp of (to taste) Soy sauce.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Sugar.
- You need 1 of swirl Sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 of Shiso or egoma leaves (optional).
Delicious Oysters with Chili Pepper Sauce in Under 5 Minutes instructions
- First, prepare the sashimi grade oysters. Lightly sprinkle with salt and shake, then rinse. Place in a colander..
- Don't wash the oysters with anything (grated daikon for example). The flavoring ingredients will have quite the punch of flavor. If you wash the oysters with grated daikon, they will lose their flavor..
- Remove the center core from the white part of the Japanese leek. The outer part will be used as a condiment and the inner part will be used to add fragrance. Finely chop but don't soak in water..
- These are the main ingredients. Blot the moisture from the oysters with a paper towel..
- Add the ginger, garlic, and leek to the oysters and rub them in. Add half of the roasted sesame seeds while crushing them between your fingers to release the aroma..
- Add a handful of finely chopped green onion, 1 teaspoon of chili pepper powder, and the vinegar. Gently mix together..
- Everything until this point has been to add fragrance, not flavor. Leave it to sit in the refrigerator for a short time….
- Since moisture will be released, drain it through a colander. And from now we will flavor the oysters..
- Add another teaspoon of chili pepper powder, a pinch of sugar, a handful of green onion, then gently stir together. Add the remaining sesame seeds while crushing them between your fingers..
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of soy sauce and drizzle in a bit of sesame oil..
- Then they'll be nice and plump. Like in this photo. Can you tell?.
- The chili pepper powder and the semi-crushed sesame seeds will absorb the moisture and thicken the sauce, which is why there are lots of both added..
- Lay a bed of shiso leaves on a plate and place the oysters on top. Also add some shredded Japanese leek to cleanse your palate. It's done!.
- The oysters are so milky. There is not even any smell left. Even though the flavoring is so simple… it tastes just like fresh liver sashimi..
- Korean chili pepper powder is really not that spicy. It's a type of pepper that gives a sweet flavor and nice aroma..
- But it is, of course, a chili pepper. So it is naturally a bit spicy. Adjust the amount to taste..