Our Family's Fried Rice with Mackerel.
This Appetizing Our Family's Fried Rice with Mackerel using 13 simple ingredients and 8 simple steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Our Family's Fried Rice with Mackerel
- You need 1 of fillet Mackerel (150 g).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ☆Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ginger (finely chopped).
- Prepare 12 cm of Japanese leek.
- It’s 1 bunch of Komatsuna.
- You need 400 grams of Cooked rice (warm).
- It’s 1 tsp of Sesame oil.
- You need 1/4 of to 1/2 teaspoon ★Red chili powder (Korean).
- You need 1/2 tsp of ★Fish sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ★Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 of ★Pepper.
- Prepare 1 pinch of ★Salt (for adjusting the seasoning).
- You need 1 tbsp of Toasted sesame seeds.
Our Family's Fried Rice with Mackerel step by step
- Sprinkle salt over the mackerel fillet and chill in the fridge for several hours. Pat dry with kitchen paper, then grill the mackerel. Or you could use store-bought salted mackerel..
- Remove the bones from the grilled fillets and shred roughly. Do these preparations beforehand. I usually grill more than usual..
- Cut the leek lengthways in half and chop finely. Rinse the komatsuna leaves and chop finely..
- Heat sesame oil in a frying pan and add chopped ginger and Step 3..
- Add Step 2 to the pan, and then Step 3. Stir quickly and add the ★ red chili powder and warm cooked rice..
- Add ★ fish sauce and fry quickly. Drizzle ★ soy sauce onto the sides of the frying pan and toss quickly. Add the ★ black pepper and toasted sesame seeds. Adjust the seasoning by adding salt if necessary..
- Transfer Step 6 to a serving dish. I sprinkled with black sesame seeds to finish..
- This is more a mixed rice than a Chinese-style fried rice. Use more sesame oil if you want to fry the rice to a crisp..