Carrot Jeon (Savory Korean Pancake). Looking for an easy dinner idea? Those type of savory pancakes are something of a pain to make. Jun (or jeon, chon) are pancake-like Korean dishes.
This includes meat, seafood, vegetables, and kimchi, and they are either coated with an egg, flour, or combination batter before they are pan-fried. Delicious and easy scallion & shrimp Korean pancake made with cake flour, dip crispy pancake in spicy soy sauce to enhance flavor. You'll have to give this absolutely delicious Korean Pancake (Pajeon 파전) recipe a try! This Delicious Carrot Jeon (Savory Korean Pancake) using 16 simple ingredients and 11 easy steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Carrot Jeon (Savory Korean Pancake)
- It’s 2 of Carrots.
- It’s 40 grams of Imitation crab meat.
- It’s 1 of Sesame oil.
- It’s 1 of half the amount Easy to make batter (*See bottom).
- It’s of For 4 pancakes.
- You need 100 grams of ＊Flour.
- It’s 50 grams of ＊ Katakuriko.
- It’s 1 tsp of ＊ Salt.
- You need 1 of ＊ Egg.
- It’s 150 ml of ＊ Water.
- You need of Easy to make sauce:.
- It’s 1 tsp of ☆ Red chili pepper powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ☆ Umami seasoning.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of ☆ Rice vinegar.
- It’s 5 tbsp of ☆ Usukuchi soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ☆ Sesame oil.
Enjoy with a spicy soy dipping sauce. These Korean savory pancakes, hobak buchim, are quick and easy and so delicious with summer zucchini Over the years, I posted several different Korean savory pancakes. They are essential in Korean cuisine Modeumjeon (Fish, Shrimp and Zucchini Jeon). The Savory Korean Pancakes recipe out of our category Seafood!
Carrot Jeon (Savory Korean Pancake) instructions
- You can use stick type imitation crab meat. Shred before use..
- Julienne carrots..
- Separate the egg yolk and white. Combine egg yolk and water to easy-to-make batter ingredients and mix. Whip the egg white slightly and then add to the batter..
- Using half the amount of the batter from Step 3, add carrots and shredded imitation crab meat and mix evenly..
- Heat a small amount of sesame oil in a pan and spoon the batter in. Be sure to give it an even thickness..
- When both sides are browned nicely, slice into pieces and plate..
- <Dipping sauce> 1. Add rice vinegar to red chili pepper powder and MSG and mix. 2. When step 1 is well blended, add light soy sauce and mix..
- 3. Add sesame oil and mix. (Warning) If you don't add the rice vinegar first, it will separate. If you don't have red chili pepper powder, use ponzu sauce or spicy sesame oil..
- <Serving tip> If you use a variety of vegetables, the result will be very appetizing..
- Try this tasty sauce for pot stickers as well..
- Please refer to the recipe for "Wasabi Leaves and Spinach Jeon.".
Savory Korean Pancakes. with Carrots and Bok Choy. This recipe for Korean Pancakes (called Pajeon or Pa Jun) with Scallions and Dipping Sauce is wonderful for a snack, appetizer or light lunch. The tender scallions impart a fresh, mild bite, and the slightly sweet and savory dipping sauce is the perfect compliment to the crispy, fried pancake. Home » Korean Side Dishes (Banchan) » Korean Potato Pancakes (Gamja Jeon). Serve warm with some Korean pancake sauce.